Casual Players Can Be Heard!

N

Notepad

Hey everyone, ever notice how WotC seems not to pay attention to the casual players, then says they do want input from casual players, but don't know how to appeal to us?

They've finally given us one big chance to speak up with Future Sight.

They've said the preview mechanics in FS are basically up to a community vote. The mechanics players love, will come back soon. The ones we hate, will probably be dubbed "snippets of a future that will never be." The tournament scene will be easy to watch, as all you have to do is see what mechanics help the top decks in championships. However, there should be plenty of casual-use stuff in there, as well. Problem is, we aren't as easy to notice as Pro Tour results.

What we need to do, as casual players who've been given a voice, is to use it. I for one will be writing into WotC to tell them about my favorite cards and mechanics. We should all do the same, and encourage all the other players we know to do so, casual or tournament jockey or whatever. They've opened the forum, so to speak, so let's get on up to that podium.

Thanks for hearing me out.

-Sef

N

Nightstalkers

Haven't they already picked the cards in the set, hense the "spoilers" and "previews"?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
There're several (read as: several) new mechanics in this set in which only one of two cards have the keyword. The point is that these mechanics are possibilities for the future and we can write in to support which ones we want to see again.

Ransac, cpa trash man

N

Nightstalkers

To be quite honest, this set is about as casual as you can get outta WotC... Now have'em print a set without any real theme, a mish-mash of different abilities, and you'll have some hellacious "casual" fun.

Ferret

Staff member
DarthFerret said:
Everyone tell WizCo to bring back Banding!
Even better: Bring back Rampage! It was almost as confusing...imagine the reminder text!

-Ferret

...I'm still waiting for reminder text for flying...