Casual Lifegain

M

Modus Pwnens

I've recently been playing with the idea for a new multiplayer deck.

The idea is very simple. The only thing I do is gain as many life as possible, then I wait until my opponents deck themselves. I've got a few cards in mind, but would appreciate your input as well. These are some cards I want to add:

-> Anti counterspells
Xantid Swarm
City of Solitude

-> Anti creatures
Wrath of God
Commander Eesha

-> Lifegain
Heroes Reunion
Primal Command
Heroes Remembered
Life Burst
Beacon of Immortality
Dawnglow Infusion

Maybe anti-combo decks:
Angels Grace

Does anyone else have some idea's?
The way I prevent myself from cycling through my deck is Beacon of Immortality and Primal Command.

Perhaps I should add a finisher such as Storm Herd or Serra Avatar..

M

Modus Pwnens

I fear the effects of a Mine will be nullified by the Wog :(

Perhaps I can get my hands on a Test of Endurance, 50 life shouldn't be too hard :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Are your opponents familiar with that card? If you're gaining a lot of life, that's the first thing they'd suspect...

What about that land card you're playing in our MP game? The one that gives life to your opponents? That could make you friends with everyone too, maybe...

M

Modus Pwnens

I'm fairly sure i want to keep it GW, and I think i'll test it without the test. Pretty much all of the decks I've encountered are damage based. Once I'm up to about 40 life the main thing I'll have to worry about is decks that try to mill me. I think I'll add one or two Gaea's Blessing, just as a precaution.

Here's a small list:
38 spells:
3x City of Solitude
4x Wrath of God
2x Commander Eesha
4x Heroes Reunion
3x Primal Command
3x Heroes Remembered
4x Life Burst
4x Beacon of Immortality
4x Dawnglow Infusion
3x Angels Grace
1x Gaea's Blessing
1x Words of Worship
1x Serra Avatar
1x Storm Herd

22 land:
1x Savannah (only got 1 :()
8x Forest
13x Plains

Maybe I can consider Swords to Plowshares, although my multiplayer group does not have Darksteel Colossus..

D

DarthFerret

Feldon's Canes are great to prevent decking yourself. Throw in a few Tormods crypts and you can use a Time Spiral to your benefit (RFG your opponents GY then Spiral....)

M

Modus Pwnens

I really don't think that's neccessary. I've got 3 Primal Command, 4x Beacon, 1x Blessing, 1x Avatar and 1x Words, so in total 10 cards that make sure I don't get decked..

The only thing i'm not sure of is whether or not i'll be able to gain enough life..

Edit: for some reason I totally forgot about feudkillers verdict, will have to include at least 2 of those :)