Card: Brink of Exile (Creature Crippler)

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date
F

Force of Will Smith

How could you possibly be fair to make it so creatures will slowly almost die by your hand? simple... your creatures are nothing and you can never attack... plus they never REALLY die...

i like the name of this card actually matches the ability AND the artwork... very rarely happens..

thoughts?

Attachments

F

Force of Will Smith

I mean it would have to be in a entirely creatureless black deck to work... think it would be amazing in that..

E

evan d

For comparison:

Fevered Convulsions BlB Enchantment 2 BB: Put a -1/-1 counter on target creature.

F

Force of Will Smith

yea so costing 1BB less and never being able to attack... plus it kills creatures..

i think it could be abused in a perfectly crafted black control deck, but you'd have to base an entire deck around it.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The first ability is basically Humility, right? I guess the card is okay in general, I just think of "white only" for the ability (no reason why it can't branch out, just my perception :) )

E

evan d

No, white hits all, this is black drawbacks, and it only affects you.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ah, I missed the "you control".

But only the second ability, the -1/+0 counters are really "black's" (traditional) ability.

But like I said, no problem with the Humility ability branching out.

G

Gizmo

Doesn't really make sense as a black card - it's inherently defensive and screams being white. The whole makeup of the card just seems really poor and illogical - make my creatures weak... why? Can't attack... why? Reduce their power... why?

(and also the ability is WAY undercosted for permanently disabling an opponent's creatures)

F

Force of Will Smith

it was mainly trying to be a set of 5 enchantments which gave you a really powerful ability but heavily crippled you..

i mainly made this one black because of the artwork and name...
i think i adjusted it to 3BB as of yet.. i'd be interested to see if you thought the blue one "memory bank" fit any better..