Can we save Waylay

M

Masticore

Was Waylay Broke?No
Was Waylay Confusing?No
I dont't know if you guys are fimiliar with Paul Barkley WOTC's netrep. He actualy suggested no change to Waylay! His article is posted on the Dojo. I think the REAL reason it was changed was because too many people were whining about it. Over the past years it seems to be a trend...if a few people bitch, they Ban or Errata.
-Brad

D

Dune Echo

I agree with you. I just think maybe if we bitch enough back, they'll change it. Besides, I read a reply in the Waylay thread that was about the issuing of errata. Look up Jack "Scurry" Scott. He supposedly has an email describing the process of issuing errata. R&D supposedly tests cards that DCI brings to them as potential problem cards. Okay, going along with this, does anyone realize the short time frame that R&D issued errata and when Origins happened? If this really happened it just goes back to the lack of playtesting, right?

D

Dune Echo

Okay, one last call here before I totally give up on Waylay. Does anyone feel like fighting for it anymore? I've reasoned this out to everyone with my unposted article (Let's just start posting them ourselves or start sendin' em to New Wave or Brain Burst now.). I mean no one started screaming now that Master of Arms's special ability is totally useless under 6th Edition rules. So, why does Waylay have to get hacked so badly. If it truly needed errata, then they could have changed it so it could still be cast at any point of the turn without being able to keep the tokens. This would have kept a good, cool card from being consigned to Shoebox Hell. It would have still been at least a medium card if you could cast it at any point of the turn. And if you had Fervor in play or lots of mana to cast three Mark of Fury, then you could also enchant them.

"Da tooth is out there, Skulley."--Foxfur Moldy

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know. It seems like we've moved on to the greater issue of fixing the end phase, er, step. Otherwise, the whole Waylay thing will get started again with another card, we'll like it, and then WotC'll tick us all off again by shutting it down.

Then we'll be right back where we started from.

What do the rest of you guys think?

TomB
CPA Member

"I do not teach. I simply reveal."
-Daudi, Femeref tutor

D

Dune Echo

Although I did like Waylay's awesome trick, you're right, the end step needs to be fixed as it is the root of the problem. If that could be fixed, then Waylay's errata could be removed and make it into the way it was in the beginning and not the pile of crud it is now and that would be an acceptable alternative. I would like to make a Fervor/Waylay deck where you can enchant the Knight tokens.

-Dune

... Of course, I pretty much had to tell people "Just trust me, it's legal." whenever I tried this trick with people who didn't get into the whole Waylay arguement. I couldn't explain it any better than they could!