Can someone help me with the best rainbow deck?

S

Spaceman Spiff

I dont know why im doing this, oh well
can you guys help me make a really powerful
T2/extended rainbow deck??
thanks,

G

galtwish

Maher Oath is good, 5cDonias is good (in the Dojo Archives). Here's my favorite 5c extended variant

2 Rainbow Efreet
3 Duress
4 Counterspell
4 Mana Leak
4 Force of Will
2 Forbid
4 Impulse
4 Incinerate
1 Kaerveck's Torch
4 Disenchant
2 Gaea's Blessing
4 Thawing Glaciers
2 Dust Bowl
4 Wasteland
2 City of Brass
2 Swamp
8 Island
1 Mountians
1 Forest
2 Plains

But it isn't all that good. Maher Oath is probably your best bet, with the possibility of a few more counters.

Erik

Z

Zadok001

D5C! Stylish, fun, and _really_ cool to play. Though your opponents get annoyed if you play the monstrosity too much. :)

Basically, Donias Five Color is a counterspell, Wrath of God, recursion deck with a very low creature count and very few routes to victory. Personally, I use two Grindstones and three Gaea's Blessings as my kill.

A middling defensive line-up includes Wrath of God, Swords the Plowshares, Wall of Blossoms, etc... Counter base with such cards as Counterspell, Mana Leak, Dissipate, Dismiss, etc... Finally, a bit of utility cards, Disenchant, Creeping Mold, and the like. A bit of card drawing can be cool, too. Whispers, obviously, maybe Accumulated Knowledge.

I'm not gonna give you a decklist, but you can get one off an old issue of the Duelist (not sure which one), or maybe somewhere on the Dojo. Look up 'D5C.'

"Crunch time!

G

galtwish

Donais 5C can be found at
http://www.magiccampus.com/decks/greatdecks/u5c.htm

D

Duel

While 5cDonais will always have a place in my heart, I think that 5cGreen has a better shot in this environment. Zadok, how well does your 5cgreen work in type 2?

Z

Zadok001

Laughably. :) I lack the Maros needed to make it viable. But the general idea of mixing counters, removal, and creatures is still alive in Squirrel Prison. Really, Prison is the type 2 5 color deck (and it's only two colors!). It has all the themes, as stated above, and basically acts as a super versitile defensive deck.

"5 doesn't equal 2..."

G

galtwish

Here is a pretty powerful T2 5C deck I have used. Ask Gizmo about his 5C Green Maro-Geddon deck, it seems to have done well for him a couple of months ago.

4 Counterspell
4 Powersink
4 Brainstorm
2 Treachery
1 Stroke of Genius
2 Morphling
1 Mystical Tutor
4 Vine Trellis
4 River Boa
3 Yavimaya Elder
2 Albino Troll
1 Reverent Silence
1 Blaze
1 Diabolical Servitude
1 Worship
1 Devout Witness
4 City of Brass
1 Mountian
1 Swamp
2 Plains
7 Forest
7 Island
2 Treetop Village

I'd run standard Reverent Silence to fight both Squirrel Deck, Replentish and Blue(Treachery). I've since gone to this configuration

4 Counter
4 Sink
4 Brainstorm
3 Treachery
2 Morphling
2 Temporal Adept
1 Opportunity
1 Stroke
1 Mystical Tutor
4 Boa
4 Trellis
3 Elder