Can names be changed?

N

Notepad

I'm getting tired of the name Sefro. Only fun part in these past years has been Rev's spoof calling me Afro. Damned funny! However, even that isn't enough to make me actually want to keep this moniker.

Is there a way to change the account names here? Or, would I have to make a new account? I'm posting this in the new members area because, well, the new name would look like a new member, I guess. Didn't know where else to post this question.

Thinking of hanging up the moniker and officially retiring it once I get to 2000 posts. Current changeover idea--Notepad.

Yeah, as in, Sean "Notepad" Roney. I'm always using a notepad for writing. It's also my program of choice for writing on a computer. So, the monkier fits, as nerdy as it is.

C

Chaos Turtle

As far as I know, your username can't be changed. Nothing wrong with starting over though.

T

train

Has anyone ever tried changing a user name?

My understanding of it is that you admins have "complete" control of the system...

Unless you just wanted SeFRo to remain for other posts' purposes...

just wondering...:)

Ferret

Staff member
I was poking around the admin options and it looked like it might be possible, but I've never tried it myself (for obvious reasons).

-Ferret

"Still, I've gotten used to SeFRo being his name...why change?"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I tried changing it... I emailed him to let him try to logon with the new name. I guess we'll see if it works :)

N

Notepad

Actually just got done looking at the new threads when I noticed this change midway through. :D

Thanks, Spidey!!! :D

Looks so simple. Almost like I need an adverb or something. But much better than skript kiddie-ish SeFRo.

Ferret

Staff member
Yup! It looks like it worked out nicely - of course, some people might be confused about the name change and will have to get used to it - so be it.

For what it's worth, Notepad is my utility of choice as well. It sucks up less of my PC's memory as Wordpad and doesn't turn all of my files into Word doccuments.

-Ferret

"It also helped me get a free Soundblaster Live! sound card - Ii'll save that for another time..."

N

Notepad

Aside from the file size limit, Notepad is a wonder program! :D

And, I've changed my sig line to help out people. But yeah, the name change is still likely to confuse some people. I myself am so used to SeFRo that I keep thinking I haven't posted anywhere yet and keep clicking the same threads.... heh

Gonna take some getting used to.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It looks like the "Thread Starter" is not tied to the user name when I make changes, but other than that, looks good. I guess we admins CAN change the name :)

I thought Notepad didn't allow the CTRL-A to Select All shortcut, but it looks like it does. That's why I was using Wordpad, really. I'm so used to using the vBB tags for italics and bold that I don't use the built in ones for Wordpad, which would pretty much be a reason to use it now :)

T

train

Glad the whole name change thing worked out for you Seffy... uh I mean word, no , um... adobe... no, um.... Notepad...

sheesh!...

:p

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I don't know if it would have worked or not, but I was sorely tempted to create a new user named "SeFRo" and spam up this thread. I resisted the urge because deep down I am a good person... :eek:

C

Chaos Turtle

Wow. That's cool.

Any chance I'll be able to change my ancient "Edge Rider" tag sometime? I can't do it in my options without losing the admin label, or at least that's my understanding.

My understanding of it is that you admins have "complete" control of the system...
I wish.

R

Reverend Love

notepad.exe . The greatest tool in any Windows administrators toolchest.

T

train

well - maybe not complete control - but my understanding was that, except for functional(software) changes, you all could do it...