C.O.P's... Whaddaya think of em?

H

Homestar

Hey everyone, i was just curious on what you guys think of cirlce of protections. i think that if they are played right, they are pretty efficient cards. well yea i just want your take on how well you think C.O.P's and Runes of protection's do in a well built protection deck.

Homestar

N

Nightstalkers

Man, go back to www.homestarrunner.com and take a pill or something....

*plays the cops theme song*

COP's are da old skoolz shiggidy protection, dude. You don't just say "so what do you guys think about them?" You have to spiritualize the CoPz ans get into da busts.

Okay, okay... say that Mr. B (friggin) FM wants to come and stomp on your perade.... Pull out your CoP: Black and stop his little dmg and then pull a shiggidy Humility and bust a cap in his ugly ***! Man, CoPz are da old skool shiz, and if you don't respect the power, it'll come back in the form of an old sk00l playa and disrespect all ova you.

Okay... I'm trying out these new meds, anyone have any comments? Oh, and I don't mean to disrespect anyone, or anything. (especially BFM)

Nightstalker Habuki

R

Reverend Love

I prefer runes of protection vs. COPs. If I'm holding a worthless rune at least I can cycle it for something a little more useful hopefully. Story Circle is pretty stout, it's always useful to have.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The Runes are cute, and the Circles used to see a lot of use. Red in particular is nasty (because Red has virtually no way around it).

But Story Circle is actually good, very good...

Now, let's be a bit more specific. I think we should talk about...

Circle of Protection: Shadow

R

Reverend Love

Using Shadow in a mulitplayer casual game is pretty ballsy if you ask me. Any player worth two cents see what cheese your after and instantly starts pounding on you...afterall you can't block.

H

Homestar

dude there arent many cards with shadow so i dont even bother putting those in my decks. ill just flip up my karona zealot and KILL it instead of preventing it. (*emotionally* i dont care what u guys say *sobs* i love my zealots) lol. but yea i think circle of protection from shadow is useless but i have this one protection deck, its strictly for my friend cuz he has a an ll arttifact deck *cough* RETARD *cough* and i have 4 circle:artifacts in that deck. and what do you guys think abou tthat circle protection Artifacts. i find it pretty useful

N

Nightstalkers

its strictly for my friend cuz he has a an ll arttifact deck *cough* RETARD *cough* and i have 4 circle:artifacts in that deck. and what do you guys think abou tthat circle protection Artifacts. i find it pretty useful

lol, I should pull out a couple of the old tricks and show you what an artifact can do in this new day and age. :D

Nah, but if your running the deck, throw in an armageddon clock to really piss him off :D ;)

Nightstalker Habuki

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Oh, come on guys, I was joking about Shadow. I just had to bring it up...

The fact is, there is a Circle of Protection: Shadow, however useless it might be...

As far as Shadow in MP, I actually have seen it used...

It's true, you can't block while playing it, but neither can opponents, so if they don't kill you in one swing, they die to some high powered shadow Dauthi...

N

Nightstalkers

Um.... I have a shadow deck.... :rolleyes:

And if I believe rightly, I can kill on either turn 3, or turn 5 if you don't interfere with anything....

Oh, if your playing COPs, a couple handy blue spells can help you a little if you get in a bind where you need one color COP and have one in your hand/play, or just go in unprepared/don't use sideboard (like me sometimes...):

One turn adjustments:
Whim of Volrath
Crystal Spray

Permanently adjust the colors:
Sleight of Mind
Alter Reality
Mind Bend

These things are also great if you team them up with the good'ol Paladins... remember Mr. Northern Paladin? Well, with a little boost from blue he can now target any color ^_^
Just something else to think about when your tinkering around like I am....

Nightstalker Habuki

T

train

I still run 'em - base deck sometimes... Though I find Aegis of Honor slows a red deck faster than Cop Red...:)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Nothing slows red like...

Stasis! No, really, COP: Shadow is useless. But Shadow is not. Hatred or Endless Scream can make big problems for your opponents if they can't kill your creatures. Really, there are plenty of nice tricks you can use. Shadow creatures are basically unblockable, since you're not likely to run into another Shadow deck (unless it's the year 1997, and I even then I'd risk it, having not run into any Shadow decks that year myself) and there are all sorts of tricks you can use when your opponent can't block...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The fact is, there is a Circle of Protection: Shadow, however useless it might be...
It's good if you're doing a Tempest draft/Block Constructed :)

The only shadow guy I've run outside of Tempest block is Soltari Visionary and his ability to kill enchantments... always useful, but then, always makes him a target :(

T

train

a shadow rifted psychatog is the only reason my sneak deck didn't make the finals... in the last extended tourney...:rolleyes:

Blue, Blue, Blue...:rolleyes:

M

Mikeymike

When I start making money off of my links, then I'll worry about it :p

Seriously though, that's the link format I have saved b/c that is the one I use for my proxies.

N

Nightstalkers

Blah, I just use Magic Suitcase to either print them off, or write it down on a blank card.

Nightstalker Habuki

D

DeathMaster666

CoP Red and Black are useful, along with Green if they are playing big creatures. Better just to MD Story Circle though.

H

Homestar

man i dunno how u can build a whole shadoe DECK. i find shadow cards to be somewhat rare.