Burnt Out Tourney Player in MD

D

depolarization

Title says it all...

Currently just playing for fun and will probably keep it that way.

I almost got very serious into tournament play when I attended UMBC...fortunately the affinity fiasco nixed that. I think I have my priorities straight now.

Hooray for card art and fun sets (in hindsight, Mirrodin Block just had too much boring crap, Kamigawa is so much fun to draft and build with right now). Just wish booster drafting and cards I liked were cheaper.

Soon, I'll return back to my original love of the color Black...but for now I'm having a hell of a time with that sexy mistress, Serra Avatar.

MTGO's too expensive/not with people I can see/care about so I don't do it.

And much respect to Azrael!

-depolarization

N

Nightstalkers

Glad to hear that you've returned to good old casual gaming. I tried doing the tourney thing myself and was treated quite rudely by a judge and his cronies. Now the judge lost his status and they don't have FNM at that store anymore...

Heh, gotta love casual gaming though.

D

depolarization

If David Stroud was there before 2002...I did meet a PT player that also used to play Rage way back in the day...at the time he was tuning a Fires of Yavimaya deck. He was a nice guy as long as you played well...if you talked trash he could destroy you because of his previous dealings in the PT...apparently he was kicked out for a while...if that was him.

I think Azrael knows him better than I did since he hung out in the game room more than I did.

I used to do FNM at Games Comics and Stuff at least once a month from about 2000-2002 and played in some extended and regionals and loved pre-releases (I may do Ravnica tourney since it's so close to home).

later,

-depolarization

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure when he was there; Azrael probably would know. He's just the other person besides him that I knew went to UMBC.

You're probably wrong KJ ;)

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

yeah, you're quite wrong KJ. This is my friend Alex. I haven't seen Zadok for like 2 semesters.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to go off-topic, but not sure if you're checking your PMs Azrael... are you still in the D&D game in Games Run forum?

M

Mikeymike

Welcome aboard Depo. Can I call you Depo? Like the sound of that.