Burning Bridges, circa 4/24/02...

I

Istanbul

You'd be shocked as to how effective this thing is...not only because creature removal (Mutilate, Edict, Repulse, etc.) is rendered completely useless, but because it just goes so fast, and can crank even faster if need be!

18x Mountain
2x Barbarian Ring

4x Overmaster
4x Shock
4x Firebolt
2x Sonic Seizure
4x Volcanic Hammer
4x Flame Burst
4x Fiery Temper
4x Ensnaring Bridge
4x Grafted Skullcap
2x Violent Eruption
4x Earthquake

SB:
1x Barbarian Ring
3x Breath of Darigaaz
3x Molten Influence
4x Urza's Rage
4x Pit Trap

First, some things need explaining.
Overmaster is NOT in there in case I need to push something past counters. It's there because it turns this into a 56-card deck; it's a cheap way of cycling a bad draw into a useful spell.
1x Barbarian Ring is in the sideboard for the same reason as 4x Urza's Rage; against counter-based decks, it hurts bad.
Breath of Darigaaz is there for quick weenie hordes, like elves and such.
Molten Influence is surprisingly good; your opponent is at 6 and FoFs. You Molten Influence it with three cards left in hand. He takes the hit, you Shock him. Good game.
Pit Trap is a wild card, but it's a quick and effective defense vs. Tog...he has to bounce it before Tog can attack, and I've seen enough bounceless versions of Tog that I can stop cold with one good Pit Trap. Especially effective at a casting cost of 2, because it gets in under countermagic, esp. if I go first.

Thoughts?

E

Elrond

I tried out the deck in MOL, unfortunately I had to make some substitutions based on lack of cards, but even with the changes it did pretty well.

I like it, and I think once I get some more of the key cards it'll be even better.

I just got done playing a guy who haunting echoed me and then conceded after seeing the deck. Just thought you'd like to know.