Build-a-deck 2008!

R

rokapoke

All right. I just had a crazy thought. Why not try a build-a-deck (since Mooseman ruined our most recent attempt with the Elves -- boo!) with a different (as far as I know) theme: one card per set, until we run out of sets. Then we fill in to fit the deck that develops.

Standard rules apply: one card per person per day. Highlander, so even if a card appears in multiple sets (I'm looking at you, Grizzly Bears!) it can only be chosen once. And when we've exhausted all sets, only revisit a given set once. Try to provide links, as that will make it easier for people unfamiliar with the cards to understand what's going on.

Who knows? Maybe it'll be fun to make this deck and we can make more and do another Build-A-Deck tournament.

I'll start us off with:

Serra Angel (Alpha)
?? (Beta)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Highlander, so even if a card appears in multiple sets (I'm looking at you, Grizzly Bears!) it can only be chosen once.
Means only 1 Savannah Lions.

Also, if we do this with other decks, won't the first couple kinda end up with the "best" cards? Well, maybe not, depending how it goes... Unless we do mono-colors?

Serra Angel (Alpha)
Savannah Lions (Beta)
War Elephant (Arabian Nights)

Links aren't working for me for some reason...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
To me, Alpha/Beta/Unlimited is really the same set. Yeah, a couple cards were missing from Alpha or there were some misprints, but that's not really pertinent here, I think.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
That'll be up to whomever gets to post for Revised. ;) I have my own plans in mind if that happens to be me. (Pearled Unicorn is my friend....)

Ransac, cpa trash man

B

Budget Player Cadet

:confused: :confused: Are you out of your mind??
Pearled unicorn belongs to the same crowd as scathe zombies, hill giant, and vizzerdrix! For a lower cc you could get a nice 3/3 or a 2/2 with first strike and a protection ability!

R

rokapoke

I definitely intended the order to be followed, for the record. I would've posted the whole lineup, but I couldn't muster the patience to sit there and type them all in.

B

Budget Player Cadet

Concordant Crossroads!!! All the way. In Green-white aggro, there's really not many good replacements for it. Heck, in green at all! and it is just broken with cards like Llanowar elves.