Buddy Icons

S

Salacious Crumb

I think that we should have little icons next to our nicknames, like buddy icons!:D

Hoipa

A

Almindhra

Nahh, I like the idea a lot...Gives each person more personality...

S

Salacious Crumb

yup i agree with Magic's B*tch. Aren't nickname's based on vanity also?

hoipa

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
How come, usually, the only people that don't like the suggestions posted are the administrators? I happen to think that this is a very good idea.

Ransac, cpa trash man

S

sageridder

He didn't even say he didn't like it,he said more bandwith.More bandwidth=more money.Mike not only maintains the site but he pays for it out of his own pocket.Not flaming you but if you think of all he has done and still does for us I wouldn't be so quick to criticize.;)

F

fuzzy510

I like the idea, but we don't need to suck any more money out of our Friendly Web Guy's pocket.

D

DÛke

...sorry. I'll disagree.

MTGnews has those "avatars", and they're stupid. They don't do anything...no, they don't show more personality. Come on people, express yourself through your words; use your imagenation! You don't need any silly avatars to be unique...all you need is a bit of style...:)

I don't think we should bother Ed with this anyway. He has done so much...let the guy take a break! :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
S.C.: Since you asked, yes, nicknames are vanity too and I wouldn't care if they went away either <shrug>

How come no one mentions when Admins LIKE the Suggestions? Like the Single Card forum creation?

I think it just seems like the Admins disagree because I feel kinda obligated to answer since I AM an Admin. Otherwise, we'd get complaints that the Admins aren't listening.

Regular users who don't like the idea probably figure that their not posting is enough to show they don't like the idea.

A

Almindhra

What if the CPA never hosted the pics, like they do on MTGNews...Everyone would have to have the picture on its own seperate server...Would that save any time/money/sanity?...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Are we talking Icons, like the smilies, or actual pictures? I could see pictures taking up space but icons? I guess it depends...

I don't know about separate server issues, that'd have to be for someone else.

F

fuzzy510

I thought we agreed that avatars were silly, stupid and unnecessary....:confused::confused:

S

Salacious Crumb

We did?
And yeah, i was talking icons, like on IM
Hoipa

S

Salacious Crumb

Why not?
If its just a small icon like in IM, it shouldn't take up too much bandwidth

Hoipa

N

nodnarb24

Originally posted by Salacious Crumb
Why not?
If its just a small icon like in IM, it shouldn't take up too much bandwidth

Hoipa
The icon itself is small but when you have 30 icons loading per page it will suck up bandwith.

S

Salacious Crumb

pErhaps they can make it so it only shows the icon of the person if it is there first time posting in a thread...
that could help:)

Hoipa