Brutal wind deck

F

f-6

I got challenged to "break" the card Vitalizing winds the other week and came up with a deck that is rather effective and great fun to play if you like to hit your opponent with ~10 8/8 guys.

4 Wood elves
4 Llanowar druid
4 Elvish pioneer
4 Multanis acolyte

3 Vitalizing winds
3 Explosive vegitation
4 Rampant growth
4 Deep reconisance
4 Beacon of creation
4 Collective Unconscious

22 Forest

Just about every card in the deck helps mana acceleration in some way and if not they draw new cards instead.

So, have I broken the winds? :D

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
If you have to use a wind with Dream Halls, then the worst of them, Searing Wind, is probably actually the best under Halls, since it kills in two hits without any help from anything else...

Denying Wind is great fun though...

But for this deck, Primal Rage or something like that...

F

f-6

@train: Nice. I was thinking dream halls for my blue wind deck (I suspect I will get one wind every week). Won't fit here though as the Beacon needs forests and most of the fetchers can only get forests as well. Hm, but with 4 Tropical island... I'll try it out I think...

@Tabasco: Good idea. I used to play Elvish herder, but I took them out as I never found an opponent that could block 10 8/8:s on turn 6 and survive. Counters and mass removal are the banes of this deck...

T

train

I couldn't tell you how much - but the halls could speed it up as you can even play your mana acceleration spells through halls...;)

As for not having the G/U searchers...

The rampants... explosives... deep... all search for basics... so they would help...
;)

T

train

If I played blue - I'd try it... alas I don't...

But mix this with
something like mesmeric trance, or tutors, even yawgmoth's bargain, and find what you want to play...
;)