Bosh Deck Wins Tourney......

T

Tabasco

First off I'd like to thank all those who participated in the "Let's make a deck with Bosh" Thread, For you were the ones who helped with the basis of my deck that won the tourney.
My deck is more watered down too!! (no simulacrums, duals, and such)

My Accual Decklist:

Lands

4 Seat of Synod
4 Great Furnace
4 Shivan Reef
2 Island
2 Barb. Ring
4 Mountain

Creatures

4 Bosh, Iron Golem
2 Pentavus
4 Goblin Welder
2 Bottle Gnomes

Spells and Stuff

2 Welding Jar (saved the Greaves a couple times)
2 Lightning Greaves (saved me more than I care to count)
4 Trash for Treasure (helped pull of a win when someone played Engineered Plague set to Goblins)
4 Thirst for Knowledge (helps get Bosh to Grave)
4 Careful Study (same)
4 Shrapnel Blast
4 Pyrite Spellbomb (one turn I welded it 3 times to draw cards)
2 Gamble (it just plain helps)
2 Steel Wall ( welder and Shrap blast fodder, nice blocker too!)

So that's the deck that got me 4 packs of Mirrodin. Too bad I didn't get anything good :(

Oh well, Like I said Just a little watered down.

How it all went down.

First round

I played a little kid with a burn deck and was scared that he would burn my welder. He obviously didn't know how to play his deck because the first game he did 2 points of damage then didn't have more that one land in play

It didn't matter I had a third turn Ltg Greaved Bosh, and the forth turn He swung for 6 and sacked for eight.........4th turn win

2nd Game was more or less a repeat of game one.........2 consecutive 4th turn wins.....swing, swing, sac......GAME!!!

3-0

Second Round

Kinda pitiful accually I had to work for these

Had the welder but had to keep welding and sacking the spellbomb for card drawing. I also screwed up my mana oops!!

He won once with a pumped shadow creature

I ended up

2-1

Third Round

I played a More sophisticated burn and realized that Ltg. Greaves gets my vote for Mirrodin M.V.C. (Most Valuable Card)

Greave plus welder = mmmmmmm good

3-0

So I ended up 8 wins

with a 3 way tie of 7 wins for second.

4 Packs for me and 1 pack for each of them

The comments made on my deck after the first round and at the end........"That is just sick"

LOL Thnx for reading and thnx for the deck help/idea

Peace,

Tabasco Tony

T

Tabasco

Well I guess It's not so casual.

Besides tell me how a 6/7 Trampler second turn is casual??

13NoVa

dont brag dude Egg might have fialed me in the tournament, but that bosh deck got beat down by EGG dude... and besides, MORE PEOPLE said "egg is just sick" and "i hate you soly" then "bosh is sick" or "i hate you dude"

T

Tabasco

you've played egg how many weeks?? to my whole 1 week??

plus how many tourneys has egg won??

I would play weekly If I didn't work

13NoVa

dude im always cocky... not just in MTG or the CPA... im a compeditor. i thrive to win at whatever i do!

T

train

I now picture you as one of those guys in the Office Depot commercial racing to the checkout counter...;) :cool:

I will say egg is sick - but it could get worse... make all the eggs creatures with Titania's song, and throw an enduring renewal in the mix...

Egg Recursion!!!...
:eek: :D :cool:

M

mythosx

hhahahaha....your too funny train.... hahaha...the other two need to relax...I hope you realize what you sound like to rest of the world... and what do you mean your a competitor 13nova? ever watched durham bulls? you can be cocky or sloppy when your number 1. Then your quirky or confident. Until then your just a scrub who dont know your place.

T

Tabasco

Ouch, anyway I started this thread to show that a deck that was helped by a few people here is tourney worthy.

Not to try to flaunt my "supposed excelence" I am not saying I can win the pt or anything.

BTW mike is a great guy. We joke around and all, but lighten up on him he's not having a good month. I can't wait to see how she feels once she gets played like a friggin' poker hand.

........a video camera might be in order.........lol

T

train

Tabasco - 13NoVa,

You guys ever head to chicago for tourneys?...

I'm getting anxious about moving up to Maryland and thinking that with all those big cities so close I'd be able to make tourneys in quite a few different places...

"Though I'd probably be judging..."

*Note to self - check the mail...*

M

mythosx

sorry sorry misunderstood you. whats this egg your talking about? I just play magic and memorize the cards... i dont know any of the names for any of the decks.

T

Tabasco

He uses all 5 of the eggs from OD, and with helm of awakening casts them for free then blows them to draw cards and eventually after dark and cabal rituals has mana to recast with yawgmoth's will, then casts tedrils of agony (or two) to go for the throat.

He has pulled of a 1st turn win with it, although it is highly succeptable to counter.....if you know what to counter.

He has very good deck ideas but gets cranky when someone he thinks is inferior to him...like me...beats him or wins a tourney.

He could pretty much build any deck and make it tourney worthy, although I don't agree with some of his decisions.

M

mythosx

gotcha...i dont remember the eggs though...thats a deck...

13NoVa

the eggs all cost 1, with the ability of pay 2: Tap: sacrafice: add 2 mana (the mana is two mana of different colors, that's set on the card), to you're pool, draw a card.

the idea is, help makes eggs free, then i shuffle through the two mana the egg gives me, to use it... its pretty much "pay 0, draw a card.." if it goes right... which it almost always does...

null rod, the white laboratory, classic laboratory, or a first turn durres can really rape me though....

T

train

The eggs are from odyssey block - they have the same name as the lands from odyssey...

R

Reverend Love

Tabasco

Dude that's awesome to hear you beat some butt with Bosh. I know it's pretty good deck but I never imagined it winning tournaments! Congrats on the win.

T

Tabasco

Which PT event??

It is a great card, It untaps for free unlike Phyrexian Colossus.

Bosh doesn't really need much support. If they destroy him, he'll be back next turn lol. I had someone play pyrokinesis then ltg. bolt to kill it. They same turn, I welded him back to play. Waste of a spell if you ask me lol. I wonder how P. Angel would fit in the deck??