Board Cleaners

R

Rakarth

I've been looking for a while now for a board cleaner (well that is the title of the thread, what else did you expect?). Apart from Wrath of God which is too expensive for me at the moment, what others could you suggest?

I'm looking for a cards to fit in a R/W and R/U deck at the moment but any would be helpful. As long as it clears creatures or does a lot of damage to all creatures then that's fine, I'm not so bothered about artifacts/enchantments or land.

I've seen Sunscour and Magus of the Disk, and I have Inferno and another red "deal damage to all" card that I can't quite remember at the moment. They are for a R/W weenie deck as a reset button and a U/R suspend deck to clear the field just before all my lovely suspended beasties hit the field with haste :D

Rakarth

R

Rakarth

Jokulhaups would be good for the Suspend deck, killing everything off where I have creatures and spells suspended. The disk also looks good although I don't know how much they would be to get hold of, any ideas?

They're older cards and rare so are there any others anyone can think of while I socur eBay :D

Rakarth

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Winds of Rath is not too bad. For 3WW, it kills all creatures that aren't enchanted.

EDIT: In fact, Winds of Rath may be great in your R/W weenie deck.... especially if you play Griffin Guide and the like!

Ransac, cpa trash man

B

Budget Player Cadet

Try Obliterate. In a R/U suspend deck, you're running gargadons (NO BUTS ABOUT IT!), so that's a great way to get it in; remove the 'don, then play Obliterate and sac all your cards. Then nobody has anything, other than maybe Paradox Haze on your field, and next turn, you get to swing for nine. Jokelhaups does the same thing.
Upheaval is also playable, especially with megrim :D

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Rout Sorcery 3WW Invasion (Rare)
You may play Rout any time you could play an instant if you pay 2 more to play it. Destroy all creatures. They can't be regenerated

Obliterate Sorcery 6RR Invasion (Rare)
Obliterate can't be countered.
Destroy all artifacts, creatures, and lands. They can't be regenerated.

Breaking Point Sorcery 1RR Judgment (Rare)
Destroy all creatures unless a player has Breaking Point deal 6 damage to him or her. Creatures destroyed this way can't be regenerated.

B

Budget Player Cadet

Oh, I love rout!
Breaking point is just plain awesome, I love the tough choice cards from Judgement. I run Blazing salvo and Browbeat in my burn deck.
Oh, and Final Judgement... It works wonders against a darksteel Colossus (but if it's in play and sticks, you've either lost, or you're over your head).

R

Rakarth

The only problem with cataclysm is it leaves opponents with cards in play where I'm looking for those which clear all creatures or for the suspend deck, eveything on the board, so probably Jokulhaups is the best bet there?

Obliterate seems to be highly recommended :D and playing it then sacing everything to play the Gargadon seems like a damn good play :)

Breaking Point looks perfect for the Weenie deck as either way I get a good effect and it's really cheap too so can run off the small amount of mana I have in the deck and can get creatures back out should they let it destroy them :D

Winds of Rath is a good fit for it as well as I run Taste for mayhem as my enchantment for 1 mana and it's rare that I don't have it in play so WoR would be nice there.

Thanks for all the suggestions :)

Rakarth

M

Modus Pwnens

Balance might be worth considering if you sac your board to a gargadon first..

R

Rakarth

Balance is good but it's white wheere my suspend deck is R/U, unless you think it's sufficiently good i should put it in there regardless?

Rakarth

B

Budget Player Cadet

Uh...
Try Armegeddon.
Armegeddon 2RRR
Rare from Tempest
Sorcery
Remove all cards in play from the game. Then Discard your hand.

It kills EVERYTHING!!!

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Armageddon actually says this

3W
Sorcery
Destroy all Lands.

The card you're talking about is Apocalypse.

Ransac, cpa trash man

V

Venton

Budget Player Cadet said:
Uh...
Try Armegeddon.
Armegeddon 2RRR
Rare from Tempest
Sorcery
Remove all cards in play from the game. Then Discard your hand.

It kills EVERYTHING!!!
You're thinking of Apocalypse

edit: Um, yeah. What Ransac said.