Blaze of Elves and Angel's Trumpet?

K

King of Cheese

I originally posted this deck on the dojo, but it changed so much that I had to post a the new version. Here is my blaze of elves deck:

12 FOREST
4 MOUNTAIN
4 GAEA'S CRADLE
4 KARPLUSAN FOREST
4 GAMBLE
4 DERANGED HERMIT (really powers the cradles)
4 ARGOTHIAN ELDER (great for untapping the cradles)
2 CROP ROTATION
4 BLAZE
4 BIRDS OF PARADISE
4 LLANOWAR ELVES
4 PRIEST OF TITANIA
2 ROFELLOS, LLANOWAR EMISSARY
4 PACK HUNT

The point of this deck is to get together 20 mana fairly quickly (usually happens around turn 5) and blaze them to death. I took this deck to a tournament and made semifinals only to get beaten by my teammates own blue control which I saw as the worst matchup of the day. Once masticore hits the board, it's over. My 8 sideboarders against artifacts (4 splinters and 4 creeping mold) wouldn't work when he countered them all.

Every now and then I pull a card out of my "crappy card" box and try to build the best deck possible with it. This time I pulled an angel's trumpet and was tempted to take out a different card when I remembered blinding angel. Obvious two card combo there. The blinding angel turns into a half powered serra which makes opponents take damage for each creature they have (they lose their attack phase and take damage from the trumpet). Here's what I thought up:

12 PLAINS
6 ISLAND
2 DUST BOWL
4 ADARKAR WASTES
4 ENLIGHTENED TUTOR
4 SEAL OF CLEANSING
4 ARREST
4 CESSATION
4 WAR TAX
4 BLINDING ANGEL
4 ANGEL'S TRUMPET
3 CHO-MANNO'S BLESSING
3 FOUNTAIN WATCH
2 MISCALCULATION

The arrests, cessation, and war tax all help out if your opponent is mean enough to kill your angel. The blessing is angel protection and the watch is trumpet protection. The tutor can get just about anything. If you are still alive by now, any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

D

Daenen

Elf-Ball has always been a nasty deck. It's origins date back to the first days of Magic (about 3000 years ago, or so), with the ultimate combo, Channel-Fireball. My personal opinion is that anything old-school can still work, it just needs some modifications.

A

asadoine

I have a quite nasty Elfball deck that I call "exponetial elves"

I have been improving it for a long while and it is one of the standard decks in my deckbox. Its 1.5 but can very easilly be made extended.

green
4 quirion ranger
4 llanowar elves
4 priest of titania
4 skyshroud elves
4 Llanowar sentinell
2 seeker of skybreak
1 argothian elder
1 Rofellos
2 skyshroud poacher
3 sylvan library
2 concordant crossroads (change to fervor for extended)
2 crop rotation
3 overrun
artefact
2 coat of arms
red
1 fervor
2 fireball
1 Karvek's torch (not sure if that is spelled right)
Land :
2 gaeas craddle
2 pendelhaven
3 Karplusan forest
1 taiga
9 forest
(61 cards total)
What I have changed in time is sylvan library and survival of the fittest.
I would play with 4 taiga but I dont have them ...
Elf poacher is a new addition, as it goes around actually casting creatures, it replaced Natural unconsciousness.
The unconsciousness is not that usefull because if there is enough elves in play the game is won anyway already.

The element of surprise is quite important and that deck does not survive sideboard very well, so is not for tournament ..

If you want to sweep 3 or 4 opponents at 1 time in multiplayer, thats the deck for it ..

berto