...Black. Yuck, I never touch the stuff.

R

Random Mexican

Yellowjacket here. (I forgot my psassword but Mike is hooking me up). I was playing with some new cards from Nemesis and I usually don't play Black. Yuck, I never touch the stuff. But man'o man, what a beating Parallax Dementia is, it's a Creature Enchantment for 1B and gives your creature a +3/+2, of course, it has Fading 1, so you can use it for 2 turns then you have to destroy your creature when the fading counters run out. Like I said, I usually don't play Black but I put together what I call an "Old School" Necro deck:
3x Necropotence (I'm surprised I that many)
4x Bad Moon
4x Dauthi Slayer
4x Dauthi Horror
4x Foul Imp 2/2 Flyer CIP: Take 2 damage
4x Carnophage
3x Black Knight (I don't play Black alot)
4x PARALLAX DEMENTIA (our hero)
4x Unholy Strength
4x Dark Ritual
2x Twisted Experiment (also a beating)
19x Swamps
1x Lake of the Dead (OK, I used to play Black a long time ago, but that's when our Boys were in Bosnia and I was young and reckless.....)

I love 5CG. Love it love it love it. But I am so attracted to this quircky black deck, I mean I simply put my casual buddies to bed with this deck by turn 5, 4 and sometimes 3. But I know myself better than that, I be back grinding at the impossible win with a 5CG within a week or two and I'll forget about my little black deck that could.
(Sigh)
Parallax Dementia, what a beating.

G

Gumby Khan

YellowJacket, what does Necro do for this deck? Do you really need a card drawing engine with so much beat down already in it? I would replace those with Diabolic Edict (best creature removal in black!). I also would remove Bad moon for Ticking Gnomes (great Mother of "Ruins" killer) and this would NOT boost your opponents black deck! Also, Twisted E can also be creature removal, too. :)

opp-swamp, ritual, plague beetle, plague beetle, Kjeldoran Dead, sac one beetle. :)
you-swamp, ritual, carnophage, twist the Dead. :), even bigger!

R

Random Mexican

If I draw a hand that allows me to deplete my hand within a turn or two and I have a necro in play, I can then fill up quickly again and play more cards. My mana curve is wicked thin so I can dump my handful of permanants quickly. If I draw a bad hand (no creatures) and I can get a necro in play, again, I can fill my hand quickly with cards I want and play them. I'm really not interested in defense when I'm playing this deck because If I can't kill my opp. within 5 to 9 turns, I'm dead and enter my "Scoop" phase.

I now am on a mission: To play with mono-colored decks for a little while.

I usually don't do that but I might learn something to help me with my Dream 5CG Deck.

G

Gumby Khan

Uhm, is this a duel deck or Multiplayer? If it's a duel deck, then you should win before you empty your hand. By turn four, you should have three fatties on the board and laying down the law.

normal draw = swamp x2, ritual, random creature x2, fat enchant x2

first turn-swamp, ritual, D. Horror, Carno. :)
second turn, take 1 damage (carno), draw foul imp, drop swamp, twist the Carno, attack for 7.
third turn, draw swamp, drop swamp, foul imp, take 2 (CIP Imp), unholy strength D. Horror (empty hand) attack for 9.

See? You're deck is full of speedy meat and unless you have multiple opp., why not press that advantage? There is no one card in your deck that MUST be played for you to win. Everything in it is focused to do one thing, kill your opponent before he has any good blockers. Now, an empty hand is a problem for most decks, but not this one. Everything you draw is a threat that your opp. needs to deal with. If he can't, then you win. If he can deal with it, but it takes too long, you win. I think Necro takes away from the focus of the deck and pushes out cards that could boost your threats, IMHO. Either way, I promise your opponents will build decks especially to defeat yours! :)

"What are you playing?"
"Necro-beat"
"Oh, uh...I think I'll play my new white weenie deck, yeah, that's right!"