Black speed T2

G

Griffith_se

Hello,

I played this deck last night against a friend of mine. I put this together in about ten minutes. I had two objectives, disruption, and big fast creatures with fling. It kick butt, granted hes a scrub and so am I. How can I make this deck actually competative?

I don't have the list in front of me, but it went somthing like this:

4 Delriach
3 Negator
4 Skitering skirge
4 Sengir autocrat

4 Duress
4 Ostricize
3 Befoul

4 Vampiric tutor
4 Dark ritual
4 Vampiric embrace

4 Peat bog
1 phyrexian tower
18 Swamp

Like I said we're both scrubs, but I was able to get out 8/8 and 7/7 fling tramplers pretty quickly. What do you think? could I build off this idea?

Thanks
Griffith_se

[Edited by Griffith_se (03-13-2000 at 09:11 AM).]

D

Duel

Of course you can build off this idea! I had a deck for years built off that idea. I didn't have access to the big black you have, but it can't be that difficult. If you don't care about legality, I'd suggest Hymn to tourach. If you do, throw in plague witch for anti-weenie and bog witch for mana. Also, unearth will work well, especially with negator. Because you empty out your hand fast, mind swords would work well. Also, I must suggest it just to get it out there, hippies.

First turn: Draw, discard negator.
Second turn: Draw, play a swamp, unearth.

D

Daenen

If you're going for Type 2, which by your card selection, I assume that you are, here is what I would do: Pick a theme, speed or Control. One of my friends plays Suicide Black, and it isn't a pretty sight. Here is what I would play:

4 Skittering Skirge
4 Hidden Horror
4 Lurking Evil
4 Phyrexian Negator
2 Priest of Gix

4 Paralax Dementia (Hehehe)
4 Twisted Experement
3 Vendetta
3 Snuff out
4 Duress
4 Unmask

and 20 lands (the Tower, 2 Peat bogs, swamps, maybe a High Market or two).

D

Daenen

Sorry, I forgot to mention something: Suicide Black either kicks butt, or it gets it butt kicked. There is no in-between. For some reason, it looses to red, but kicks the snot out of blue. It beats the Rebels and other white-weenie decks, but looses to Stompy. Oh, well.

[Edited by Daenen (03-14-2000 at 10:54 AM).]

A

asadoine

didnt anybody think that unearth can be broken ???

first turn : unmask discrading a fatty (Volrath?) swamp, DR, exhume ...

What I am trying to build is :

4 senguir autocrat (can be played T2 for Delraich)
4 delraich
2 Vorlath
2 Evincar
4 fatty ??
4 critters ??

4 DR
4 unmask
4 duress
4 exhume
4 vampiric tutor

4 peat bog
16 swamp
?? stands for I am not sure yet ...

any comments or ideas welcom

berto

T

The Magic Jackal

I disagree daenen, The deck i fear playing most with my LD is black control. doesn't it suck when they unmask you and duress you and make you discard all of your good land destruction?

D

Duel

I personally love suicide black. I play my favorite deck against anyone and so long as he isn't holding a SRB or sligh deck, it doesn't lose. I would choose a theme, as they suggested. I love unearth, especially w/ bog witch.(note: exhume does the same, and I had that combo before inquest did). Plus, if your not too picky about type 2, necromancy, victimize (love this card), or the good ol' animate dead. I have a slightly broken deck based on that (though it's not as good since I traded off my survival of the fittest.

G

Griffith_se

Thanks for your ideas,

I for sure, want to keep Sengir autocrat's, Delraich, Dark ritual, Vampiric Embrace's and Phyrexian negator's.

Question's:

1. What should I add to make it controll?
2. what should I add to make it speedy?
3. What direction should I go using the above cards:
a) suicide
b) control
c) Dosn't matter (can go either ways)

Thanks,
Griffith_se

D

Daenen

Ok, the last time I played Black Control, Blue Control was still called Mother May I? We're talking pre-Ice Age here. What I'm saying is, if you want help building a Black Control deck, I won't be able to help you. Here is what I can do, though.

Suicide Black is exactly what it sounds like. You may take damage, but you hope that the other player will take more before you. The best hand I ever played with my Suicide Black deck was

Turn one:
Swamp
Dark Rit
Priest of Gix
Priest of Gix
Skittering Skirge
Duress.

He conceded. Play creatures that are really fast, and if they die, no one really cares, because you can always unearth them, or cast another one.

Q

Quill

Whoa! Daenen, is it even possible to get a better hand than that playing suicide black? :) I'm trying to put together a suicide black deck myself but I'd completely forgotten priest of gix. Thanks for the reminder!
Griffith if you want to make your deck lean more towards control, and keep the cards you listed I think you should add Phyrexian Plaguelords to offset the fact that the negators can end up screwing you over if your opponent has blockers, or is playing red. The one thing I don't understand is why you are playing the Vampiric Embrace? Negators, and delraich are already huge and have trample, and skittering skirges fly so you have lots of evasion already. If you're just looking to pump creatures I think Twisted Experiment is a much better idea since its only 1B.

G

Griffith_se

to Quill,
The Vampiric embraces are for my friend, who likes to use dragons. A fling trampler that gets +1/+1 when he does leathal damage has got to be good? Your so right about the Negators, in one game he Arc lightninged my Negator that could have been real bad, but fortunatly the game was pretty much over at that time,so I won anyway.

To everyone else,

I'm thinking about making the following changes.

-1 negator
-3 befoul
-2 swamp
-4 ostricize
-4 skittering skirge

+3 unmask
+3 exhume
+1 thran lens
+3 plague witch
+3 bog witch
+1 wumpus

What do you think?
thanks
Griffith se

D

Duel

Yes, it's possible. and it happened.

My hand: 1 swamp, 2 Dark rituals, 1 priest of gix, 1 Dauthi slayer, 1 unholy strength, 1 grave servitude

I drew a gix. Ouch. After casting two gixes, a slayer, and doubly enchanting the slayer, the guy foreited. Trix deck? so what? Just my luck, I lost the next three games. But it was worth it!

[Edited by Duel (03-16-2000 at 12:12 PM).]