black/red deck

N

Necrosavant

Land:
4 Sulf. Spring
4 Urborg Volcanos
6 Swamp
6 Mountain
2 Crosis's Catacombs <for the blue Nightscape BM kicker, which I used 2x I think>
Red
4 Thunderscape Apprentice
3 Thunderscape BattleMage
3 Flametounge Kavu
3 Strafe
Black
4 Nightscape Apprentice
3 Nightscape Familiar
3 Nightscape Battlemage
2 Morgue Toad
4 Sinister Strength
1 Agonizing Demise
Gold
4 Terminate
4 Lava Zombie

This deck worked very well, winning 4 straight of the 5 games I played with it. Good synergy with the Lava Zombie sending my flametounge back to my hand, and then pumping up my Lava Zombie and giving in First Strike when blocked. I wish I had taken out the 3 Strafes in favor of Shock the 3rd game, which was against a straight red deck. The Catacombs never messed up my mana base, I usually had 6 or so land ever time I dropped one. The only loss came against an Avatar of Woe that picked off all my creatures and then me because I failed to topdeck a Terminate <I'd wasted one from my opening hand early on>, with an Agonizing Demise sitting in my hand for many turns.

I threw this together rather quickly, and I'd like some opinions on how to modify it and make it better <and maybe a cool *.dec name :)>. The place I play does on game, and then rotate, so any "sideboarding" would have to be a judgement call before the game, as opposed to playing 3 rounds with the opportunity to adust between matches.
Thanks for reading this far and comments/critisism welcome :)!

R

rkoelsch

But red and black are not good colors for me so I will leave how to improve it to others.