Black Green Land Names?

• Thread starter James, Wizard Naive
  • Start date
J

James, Wizard Naive

I am assembling a black-green Type I multiplayer deck and I am turning my attention to the mana base. Could players please comment on the lands available to me, and maybe any recommended gold (strictly black-green) cards (besides Pernicious Deed)? It seems the Magic card search engines that I am familiar with do not accept mana symbols as search criteria, so my searches for either lands or specific shades of gold cards are inefficient.

Z

Zadok001

There's a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful spoiler generator here:

http://spoilers.mtgnews.com/

There are an enormous number of B/G cards out there, but as to land, you're fairly limited.

Llanowar Wastes is the obvious choice, a BG painland. Outside of that, you're pretty limited - There's always Bayou, a dual land, but that can get quite expensive.

T

train

Jungle Basin,
Timberland Ruins,
Odyssey common sac-lands,
Tainted Wood,
Bayou,
Cabal Coffers,
Darigaaz's Caldera,
Pine Barrens,
Everglades...
Lake of the dead...
Gaea's cradle...

Those might help you... The jungle basin and the everglades are really nice mana boosters... even if you have only 2 lands in hand - you could keep your hand and possibly still have 3 mana...;)

J

James, Wizard Naive

Thank you for the replies guys. Zadok001: That link you provided is a good one. I did use that spoiler generator but stopped some time ago when they seemed to be slow including the new sets into their data base. But it is capable of searching for specific multicolored classes (use the "Match All" and "Must Be" settings). It still does not search for mana symbols, so a land search is not possible yet. But it seems that Train did that for me! I will gratefully check over the list carefully.