Beyond Balderdash: Round 3 Scores

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
What happened on February 9, 1964?

1. Vladmir Polinski becomes the first russian cosmonaut to orbit the earth (EricBess)
  2. the Beatles made their first appearance on the Ed Sullivan show (Nightstalkers)
  3. Rachel Bolan, rocker bass player for Skid Row, is born. (sageridder)
  4. the Beatles first appeared on the Ed Sullivan show (train)
  5. Running back Jim Brown retired from the NFL. (Apollo)
  6. JFK was assassinated (BigBlue)
  7. the Beatles first tour in the United States. (Zhaneel)
  8. the Gulf of Tonkin incident occurred, triggering the US to declare war on North Vietnam (TomB)
  9. the Beatles make their historic first appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show (Melkor)
  10. the GI Joe doll went on the market (correct)
    [/list=1]

As you can see, a lot of people thought it was the Beatles. So a reminder is in order :) - if you got the correct answer off the bat, I will tell you so you don't guess in the final list. And the correct answer appears only once in the list, so if you see the same answer more than once, you can strike them off right away.

I missed a couple of our regular player's answers - are you guys not seeing when the thread is updated to show the Initial List? I change the title and everything....

BigBlue guessed 1.
    Zhaneel guessed 2.
    Apollo, sageridder, and TomB guessed 10.

Scores:

sageridder: 12 (8 + 1 for initial, 1 for final, and 2 for correct answer)
    TomB: 12 (8 + 1 for initial, 1 for final, 2 for correct)

Apollo: 10 (6 + 1 for initial, 1 for final, and 2 for correct)
    Zhaneel: 9 (7 + 1 for initial, 1 for final)
    BigBlue: 8 (6 + 1 for initial, 1 for final)
    EricBess: 7 (5 + 1 for initial, 1 for other person's guess)
    Nightstalkers: 4 (2 + 1 for initial, 1 for other person's guess)
    train: 4 (3 + 1 for initial)
    Melkor: 1 (1 for initial)

E

EricBess

Hmmm... I've missed it a couple of times, Spidey. I'm not sure why. Perhaps I just happen to be online when you make the update so when I come back, it doesn't show as having any new posts. I'm really not sure.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, if your browser only refreshes the screen once in a while, that could happen... before you log off, refresh the main forum screen one more time to see if any posts came in while you were on...

I usually update them in the morning though around 7:00 AM EST and I don't usually see you on then...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Edited the above scores as Zhaneel did give me a final answer and out of the four Beatles answers, chose Nightstalkers. So she and he got another point each...