Beyond Balderdash: Question 4 Answers and Scores!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The category is Movies.

What is this movies about?

SHE COULDN'T SAY NO

PM your initial guess by Thursday, 7/19 by 7:00 AM EDT. Anyone can join in.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Lots of answers this time!
  1. A young woman's life is changed forever when she becomes the first female from her hometown to enlist in the Armed Forces.
  2. A woman who is forced into an arranged marriage.
  3. Susan B. Anthony and her fight for women's suffrage.
  4. The trials and tribulations of a girl born mute who has to grow up fast after falling in with a bad crowd.
  5. A wealthy woman winds up in a small town in Arkansas with plans to give away all of her money.
  6. She assisted in everything she was asked to do (extremely helpful and agreeable).
  7. The story of a woman who gets caught up in a bank robbery scheme.

The players who can answer are: BigBlue, Melkor, Mooseman, Ransac, TomB, and train.

PM or post your final answer by Monday, 7/23 by 7:00 AM EDT.

B

BigBlue

I'll go with 1.

Probably giving points to someone, but that's my answer.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
  1. A young woman's life is changed forever when she becomes the first female from her hometown to enlist in the Armed Forces. (Ransac)
  2. A woman who is forced into an arranged marriage. (Mooseman)
  3. Susan B. Anthony and her fight for women's suffrage. (BigBlue)
  4. The trials and tribulations of a girl born mute who has to grow up fast after falling in with a bad crowd. (Melkor)
  5. A wealthy woman winds up in a small town in Arkansas with plans to give away all of her money. (CORRECT!)
  6. She assisted in everything she was asked to do (extremely helpful and agreeable). (train)
  7. The story of a woman who gets caught up in a bank robbery scheme. (TomB)

Ransac once again turns out to be the big BSer... two people chose his, Mooseman and BigBlue. He also chose the correct answer.
train chose Mooseman's
TomB chose Melkor's
Melkor chose BigBlue's

Scores this round:

Ransac: 3
BigBlue: 1
Melkor: 1
Mooseman: 1

Overall Scores:

Ransac: 8
Mooseman: 4
TomB: 3
train: 3
BigBlue: 2
Melkor: 1

T

train

(I wanted to look at it that way - but I remember competing in a contest, and when in that situation, they didn't award me tied for third - we each got a tied for 4th... I guess it is really all a judges decision...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think the judges were messed up.. I mean, it's pretty clear Ransac is first, Mooseman is second, and you and TomB are next for third place...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
*Ransac dances the "white boy" victory dance. He then dances the pigeon, knocking everyone else out.*

Oops...

Ransac, cpa trash man