Best Prerelease Move

D

Daggertooth

Well, I want to know how ya'll did this weekend. I pulled a 3-2-2 on saterday and a 1-2 on sunday. I won one Booster draft (My Second!:)) and lost one due to not drawing mana.
I'd like to thank Chaos Turtle for his Previews, without them I wouldn't have gone as far as i did. (I did draft an Artic merfolk though, but I didn't use it)

Well, Here's my PLAY of the DAY:

It was in my second round of my first booster draft. I was playing Blu, White, and Green with 2 swamps thrown in for some kicker abilites. I had a Pro red Voice of all in play and some 2/2 non-flying creature in play. I had a few land in play....Islands, Plains, Forests, and one Terminal Moraine. I had some tricks in my hand, but the best was a Gaea's Might.

He was playing Black Red. He had a Thunderscape familiar and a Volcano Imp in play. He had a Sinister Strength in his hand.

We were both low on life enough that a few good hits would kill either of us.

He Puts the sinsiter strength on his Volcano imp and activates its ability making it into a 5/3 first strike flyer. It looked like I was in trouble. Even if I used the Gaea's might on my voice of all I could only make him a 5/5. Then I remember my Terminal Moraine. I instantly use its ability to look for 1 of my 2 swamps. I placed it into play then cast Gaea's Might making my voice of all into a 6/6 and killing his volcanic imp.

I finished him off in a few more turns then went on to win the booster draft.

That was my PLAY of the DAY. :):D:)

What was yours?

S

Sammy Dead-O

I didn't pull anything spectacular, but my favorite move that I played repeatedly was some sort of surprise involving Death Bomb. Either I'd use it in response to my opponent targeting one of my creatures, or I'd throw it out after stacking combat damage, when one of my creatures was about to die. It gets rid of their most troublesome creature and hits 'em for two. I really like the card.

A

Apollo

Hmm. This last probably wasn't my best play, but there was the most on the line. In the last round, I was 4-1 and playing a guy who refusd to draw with me. He was in complete control, with 2 of the white familiars (both kickered) and 3 1/1 flyers for 2 mana (don't remember exactly what they are). He also had two cards in hand and I was down to about 8 with a Kavu in play. Then I topdecked Void and did it for 2, wiping out his entire army. He showed me his two cards in hand: both 2-cost. I went on to win the game and match.

I also had one game in which I played Ravenous Rats turn 2, Bog Down turn 3 and 4, and the discarding Battlemage on turn 5. That was pretty cool.

I'll write a real report when I get around to it.