Best Multiplayer card?

T

The Magic Jackal

What's your pick for the best multiplayer card? There are a ton out their that kick ass in multiplayer games. Congregate, Verdant force, Yavimaya enchantress, etc. My personal fav card is Goblin bomb.

I'll flip my coin, and put a token on it. Then you look at the player that has been attacking you from the beginning of the game and say-That makes 4, one more to go!
Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock
hehehehehe

U

Ura

hmm, best multi-player card. Thats a toughie

Most one sided mass effect stuff like Congregate or Verdant Force can get you beaten on by everyone as soon as you cast them, especially congregate. :)
I'd probably have to say the good old classics like
Howling Mine and Mana Flare are great fun in multi-player.
Mana Cache can be a neat card to have in a big group game and so can Zur's Wierding. :D

[Edited by Ura (04-01-2000 at 12:36 AM).]

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I hereby nominate, for best creature...

LHURGOYF!

TomB
CPA Member

I

Istanbul

Magic Jackal - I'm sorry. You must be punished.

Let's assume that, somehow, you've played a Goblin Bomb and stayed alive. Let's also assume that you're trying to get it to trigger.

Chance of winning 1 flip in a row: 50%
Chance of winning 2 flips in a row: 25%
Chance of winning 3 flips in a row: 12.5%
Chance of winning 4 flips in a row: 6.25%
Chance of winning all 5 flips in a row: 3.125%.

And every time you DON'T beat the odds, you get that much farther away from your goal.
So, 5 turns later, you have less than a 1 in 33 chance of having the bomb go off. Your opponent will have you dead long before then.

A

arhar

NOT IF YOU USE GOBLIN BOOKIE!!!

or Bookies

Goblin Bookie R
Common
Creature - Goblin

R, Tap: Reflip and coin or reroll any die.

1/1

OR

GIANT FAN!!!!

Giant Fan 2
Artifact

2, tap: Place a counter of appropriate kind on target permanent.

Arhar, the inventor of Goblin Bomb + Giant Fan combo deck, that failed miserably all the time!!!

G

Gryphonclaw

Hey, if you really want to make some friends, throw out a helm of awakening, everyone likes cheaper spells.

Alternatively, if you just want to be left alone, propaganda is great, and for a veiled threat card, you just can't beat false prophet for "don't hurt me" value. (especially if you have a way to sac' him as an instant)

[Edited by Gryphonclaw (04-01-2000 at 01:00 PM).]

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Istanbul: Are those odds right? Coin flipping is independent of the previous flip so shouldn't it just be 50% chance of winning a flip no matter what?

Also, if you're playing a stalling deck (or have another avenue of victory) you might not be dead in 5 turns.

D

Duel

Chance of winning each individual flip is 50%, but the chance of winning 5 in a row is 3.25%. Make sense to you? Me niether, but that's how it works.

C

Cheewok22

You can really take control of a game If you got Etarri, wizard adept or Minion of leshrac out, or just a plain pestilence or counterspell deck. I can't believe congregate isn't uncommon, the first time I saw it was when my friend played it in a game and gained 22 life, I was like, what!? Beast of Burden can be good with a lot of people playin and Juklhaups can piss a lot of people off ;)

D

Dune Echo

Everyone just loves a Well of Knowledge when Mana Flare is in play! God! Those were some fun games... Damn shame the same damn deck won everytime though...

----------------
Dune Echo

Did I ever tell you people about the Red deck my friend Brandon played with Earthquakes, Fireballs, and Mana Flares...

T

The Magic Jackal

Hey, The bomb is a great multiplayer card. Have you ever played with it? It's soooo much fun.

S

Spaceman Spiff

I'm gonna have to go with Wrath of God
that card is to useful

Spaceman Spiff,the one thats not from Calvin and Hobbes

C

Captain Caveman

Dune, if you don't mine email me with that
Well/Mana Flare decklist. (pittman@blueriver.
net)

Opinions vary, but I think each color has
a good Multiplayer card.
Black: Living Death
Blue: Reins of Power
Green: Lhurgoyf
Red: Mana Flare
White: Balance

Artifact: Howling Mine
Land: Kor Haven or Maze of Ith

D

Dune Echo

Actually, I played with the Wells. My friend always played with 4 Mana Flares and was able to get at least one out every game. If I got a Well out, he had all four in no time and we were all dead. I've sent his decklist to you. Feel free to add 4 Well of Knowledge to it.

B

BurlyBrute

My all time favorite multiplayer card: (drum roll please) Fiery Justice from ICE AGE.
WOW! one card, three mana, and I can kill 5 creatures and give an ally 5 life.
Kills so many annoying one-toughness critters, lol, and a five for one trade off!

G

galtwish

Each coin flip has a 50% chance of being correct, but stringing a series of 5 correct flips along relies on the previous flip being correct as well, thereby creating a dependency on the previous 50% chance.

My card would be Winds of Rath, Llurgoyf, Subversion, Mystical Tutor, Wildfire, Disk and Dust Bowl for each "color".

Erik

A

Almindhra

I think the worst is like a Rising Waters, Tangle Wire thing going on...One of my friends played that and we just all gave up after 45 minutes

~Almindhra

I

Istanbul

Hmmm. I'm going to go with Pestilence.

"Don't attack me. I mean it. Or else."

More than once, I've activated Pestilence when someone attacked me, only to have that person be on the receiving end of a savage counterattack from the other players because he forced me to kill off some of THEIR creatures, too. :)

M

Mikeymike

I'll go by color, 2 for each. And I do realize that some of these have been mentioned.

Green:
Eladamri's Vineyard: Yay, everyone gets 2 mana. But its green, take the burn punk.
Dense Foliage: People hate this card, but it does away with many an annoying deck

Red:
Pandemonium: Speeds up the game, people get nervous when this card is played.
Furnace of Rath: Needs no explanation

Black
Grave Pact: Who's in control? I'm in control.
Pestilence Rats from Visions: Simple yet o so effective (anyone want to tell me their real name?)

Blue
Show and Tell: Blue is annoying, but it has many fun for all spells
Exhaustion: Underrated, works nice in a Untap deck to recast all your bigguns

White
False Prophet: No one will attack you. If they do they have issues.
Soul Warden: Can't consider it, BROKEN IN MULTI
Mageta: Dumdadodado....Wrath of God....HmmHaHmmmbudum....Wrath of God again...

K

krichaiushii

Decisions, decisions...

As you might gather by some of my deck postings, I rather like Varchild's Warriders, but I think Wheel of Fortune and Fork are the best for red, with Flame Rift and Mana Flares as close seconds. I have yet to play with Citadel of Pain, but that could quickly be added to the list...

Green: Invigorate, Hunted Wumpus, Spore Cloud (during combat not involving you, of course...).
Blue: Vesuvan Doppleganger, Bazaar of Wonders.
White: Soul Warden, Serra Angel, Balance. Congregate is just too rude to play -- often. ;)
Black: Forsaken Wastes, Subversion, Urborg Stalker.
Artifact: Copper Tablet, Razor Pendulum, Howling Mine, Worry Beads, Teferi's Puzzlebox.
Land: Maze of Ith, Rainbow Vale.
Gold: Fiery Justice.

As you might gather, I like quick games, with lots of randomness.