Best Deck

F

fuzzy510

Since I'm new here, I have no idea if this has been discussed, so if it has, don't flame me!!!

What do you think is the best deck out there right now? I've heard many things, and I'm just not sure. Also, what do you think is the best deck ever? (My vote goes to Necro, but...)

D

Duel

Best deck ever:
Rec/sur, championship deck.
A kid in my school bought the deck and let me play with it, GOD! I love that deck, now.

Best deck now:
As always, the best deck now is merfolk. Only now I can say it with a straight face.

G

Gizmo

Best current deck?
There seems to be no true consensus. The teams designing Nether-Go say they beat U/W control, and the teams designing U/W control say they beat Nether-Go.
But nothing else seems to be in the running as best deck at the moment. G/R aggro seems to be getting better every time I play it, though - so much burn, so much fat.

Best deck ever?
Has to be the classic 4-Hymn Necro. I had never even seen a decklist and was playing a really terrible version of it, but I still went 4-0 in tournaments (as in I won four tournaments without losing a match). Hymns and Hypies were unfair spells. After that it`s Draw-Go.

L

Landkiller

Best Deck now : Mercenaries, because I built it. I don't respect any other archetype except Rising Waters.

Best Deck ever : This deck
14 island
23 unstable mutation
23 flying men

That's cool.

Best deck that was actually a deck :
Sligh Burn tempest era.

Reason why I selected all of the decks I did :
The cards are cheap, easy to use, and formed competitive choices that were definite powerhouses at least on par with other decks.

[Edited by Landkiller on 10-29-00 at 06:14 AM]

D

Darsh

Hey fuzzy510, can we extend your idea to include the best decks we ever made? I thought I'd ask first before I just hijacked the tread.

F

fuzzy510

Yes, you may make it the best decks ever made. I don't care. Go ahead! Have fun! Vote Ralph Nader!

N

nodnarb24

The best deck i have ever built was my red deck that I built during the time of Mirage and Tempest. It's nickname was Da Cheese. For creatures it had viashino sandstalkers, wildfire emissaries, an mogg fanatics. For burn it had bolts, incinerates, kindles, kareveks tourches, rolling hunders, and a hammer. It had fire diamonds for mana excelleration. There was more in it but i can't remember ff the top of my head. That was one of my favorite and fun decks ever. It was also the deck that I would bring to tournies at my local store and i'd usually got in 2 or 3 place. But now I don't have my sandstalkers, stopped going to tournies, and I have built a pure burn deck that is better (nearly unbeatable in my group) but not as much fun. Ah, the good old days. Now I must go and try to rebuild that wonderful deck.

[Edited by nodnarb24 on 10-29-00 at 02:40 PM]

D

Darsh

My favorite deck is my B/W Pestilence deck, it's pure joy to play this for the first time, everyone ignores you because of your defensive creatures then eventually someone wises up and tries to take smack at you with their biggest creature which of course you terror. Then when Pestilence hits the table it's pure choas.:)

D

Duel

Wait, is this a favorite list? or a best? I was listing my favorites.

Best Ever:
Forbidian

Best now:
no clue. I'd say u/w control, but I've yet to see a decklist for Nether-go.

F

fuzzy510

I started the thread, and I never said what my favorite deck was. It would have to be Illusions of Grandeur/Donate. Hahahahaha! There's nothing like gaining 20 life while your opponent loses 20 life after being unable to pay the upkeep. A version that I made (list only, don't have enough of the cards for the deck) used Pendrell Flux to make them have to pay 3U every upkeep. Extremely effective, even if they're playing blue.

Z

Zadok001

Best deck ever? The Deck, IMHO. No other deck has had the singular unique effect of becoming a better and better deck based on how often you play it, and no other deck has so many options for you to choose from! It's wonderful!

Best deck now? I'm bias, but B/R removal control is the strongest I've played.

D

Duel

I dunno, LD looks strong. Even with Evil Teferi's Evil Response, it's still powerful stuff, and they can't cast it without 2 mana.....:)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
... with Zadok, The Deck was probably the best in that it was the first to consistently win AND gain fame by word of mouth (probably the first "Net" deck although the Internet wasn't used too much back then).

But I also agree with Gizmo that the Hippy/Hymn decks were pretty good too.

F

fuzzy510

When I posted my reply, I must have been smokin' something. Uh, sorry, I forgot that Pendrell FLuz can't be used on enchantments.

D

Duel

I agree with The Deck, but, just check em on this, doesn't it looks like, uh, a pile?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
What do you mean, a pile? A pile now, with the card pool tripled in size? Or a pile from back then with the cards available to it?