Best Card in Scourge?

L

Landkiller

Call to the Grave -
Enchantment (rare)
At the beginning of each player’s upkeep, that player sacrifices a non-Zombie creature. At end of turn, if there are no creatures in play, sacrifice Call to the Grave.

That's my pick for best new card.

O

No oink it's a good card.
can you say Abyss?
Type 1 "Keeper" runs one, now it can run up to 5. unless your playing zombie...your sucking.
i see it being very playable in all formats.

another good card, the one that says your mana pools dont empty at the end of phases or turns. groovy.

K

Killerbob

It IS very strong, but maybe too narrow to be played in many decks.

I think the "best" card is Dawn Elemental:
wwww 3/3 flying -prevent all damage that would be dealt to Dawn Elemental.

This does What Cho-Manno failt to do: it deals damage, and it flyes. And for 4 mana? Too good to be true!

I also like Pemmins Aura. Turn ANY creature into a Morphling (keeping old abilities) must be strong.

Raven Guildmaster might supplement Ophidians in some decks.

Sulfuric Vortex looks very strong.

Xantid Swarm shots down counterspells. Might be good in some decks. Maybe use 4 of them in your combodeck!

Sliver Overlord: another 7/7 Sliver Legend for 5 mana. Does other tricks than the Queen, and will probably be nearly as popular. I´m worried my queens will drop significantly in value... :(

N

Nightstalkers

Sliver Overlord? Sounds like another one of the lords, only for slivers.

M

Mikeymike

Best card I'd have to give to Forgotten Ancient, there are just so many different styles of decks that this can blow up in. Amazingly, it gets even uglier in multi-player, hopefully somebody is packing a terminate.

Xantid Swarm, Call to the Grave (which is too easy to build a deck around), Decree of Pain, and Eternal Dragon Round out my top 5.

Sleepers go to...
Parrallel Thoughts
Siege-Gange Commander
Primitive Etching

K

Killerbob

"can you say Abyss?
Type 1 "Keeper" runs one, now it can run up to 5."

This is no Abyss. If Noone plays zombies it will go away. Its more like a Drop of Honey. And this one costs more mana.
If Kepper wanted to play 4 abyss it could do so. But it doesnt.
But I must take back that it is too narrow. When all black creatures are zombies it is plain good.

"another good card, the one that says your mana pools dont empty at the end of phases or turns. groovy."

Yes , groovy. But why is it good? Mana flare was ok, but never very good. Some has posted ideas with decks, that could generate tons of mana, and use it with Upwelling. But these decks doesnt really benefit from Upwelling. They just make even more mana (=less slots for your winconditions). It must be better to fireball twice for 10, than to play upwelling, save up 10 mana, and fireball for 20.
I think it will be far to slow to be played much.

Forgotten ancients: Interresting card. Nice in MP, and could do some tricks with spikes, triskelions and the like. But it is a green 0/3 creature for 4 mana. When playing green, you want muscles, and you want them fast.
This one doesnt give you that.
Could be fun in a g/u build (the more you do, the more it hurts!).

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Upwelling

Mana production gone ka-raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy!

T

train

Forgotten ancients: Interresting card. Nice in MP, and could do some tricks with spikes, triskelions and the like. But it is a green 0/3 creature for 4 mana. When playing green, you want muscles, and you want them fast.
This one doesnt give you that.
*Ahem...*

Forest
Forest, Elf,
Turn 3, Forest, drop forgotten ancients
Turn 4, play lanowar elf, berserk on stack, giant growth on stack, giant growth on stack...

It is then a 4, 7, 10, then 20 power creature...

W-I-N on turn 4.... and solidly done with green...

You should then still have 2 - 3 cards in hand...

And that's without your opponent playing anything on their turn!!!...
:eek: ;)

N

Nightstalkers

Best card??? The I am Superman morphling card...

what! At least i'm trying.

M

Mr_Pestilence

For Type I, Brain Freeze is REALLY GOOD.

For Type II, Forgotten Ancient is brutal.

In block, I like Goblin Warchief.