Bali bombers seek 'execution without pain'

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) -- Three militants awaiting execution for the 2002 Bali bombings plan to challenge the legality of death by firing squad.

WTF? Is there even any thought about this? These fanatics helped plan the "execution with pain" of over 200 people and now they want to dispute their method of death???? Just tie them to a stake and shoot them in the gut.... that is as good as they deserve..... Better yet, just shoot them and forget they ever existed.....

I'm at the point to say that religious fanatical terrorists should be shot on sight..... by their own actions, they have forfeit all rights and privileges.....

They are cowards, who hide among the masses and prey upon the innocent and helpless.....

Killer Joe

Mooseman said:
JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) -- Three militants awaiting execution for the 2002 Bali bombings plan to challenge the legality of death by firing squad.

WTF? Is there even any thought about this? These fanatics helped plan the "execution with pain" of over 200 people and now they want to dispute their method of death???? Just tie them to a stake and shoot them in the gut.... that is as good as they deserve..... Better yet, just shoot them and forget they ever existed.....

I'm at the point to say that religious fanatical terrorists should be shot on sight..... by their own actions, they have forfeit all rights and privileges.....

They are cowards, who hide among the masses and prey upon the innocent and helpless.....
Any ones? Or just foreign ones? :confused:

Ferret

Staff member
This reminds me of something my wife sent me a while back: Fate of 'Boys Don't Cry' Killer Uncertain

The point of the article is that a convicted criminal that is sentence to die by electrocution. His state decides to stop using the electric chair as they consider it to be too "cruel" to use on convicts. Well, now the state doesn't have any other forms of execution (but somehow still has Capital Punishment as an available sentence) so there's no way that this bastard can die.

To make matters worse, his lawyer is now saying that since his sentence was to die by electrocution and since the state doesn't do that anymore, then his sentence is now meaningless... in other words, he's trying to get this rapist/murderer out of jail on a technicality!

-Ferret

...Needless to say this made me a little angry...

D

DarthFerret

Mooseman said:

Don't look now, but I would say that Moose is becoming a conservative......

Budget Cadet Player said:
Huh. Kill off half the republican party then.
He said Terrorists BPC.... :p

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
DarthFerret said:
Don't look now, but I would say that Moose is becoming a conservative......
Actually, I have always felt the ones actions should dictate the reaction given to them..... i.e. if a person threatens you with physical harm and takes action to produce that harm (which is life threatening, no matter the persons intent), you then have the right to remove that threat.
We, as a society, have to hold all people responsible for their actions, not necessarily for their reactions, but for those actions they instigate.... i.e. blow up people who have not threatened you...... that includes bombing medical buildings that may perform or council abortions (BPC ;) )....

Ferret

Staff member
I'm with Moosman on this one. When in combat the military has to practice "escalation of force" which means, that if you pull a rock, I can pull a rock. You throw the rock, I'll nail you with my rock. You pull a gun, I shoot you. Simple :)

-Ferret

...of course, when someone launches a rocket into your country, how should you react?...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Shouldn't it be: you throw a rock, I shot you? I mean, what kind of idiot throws a rock at an armed person? Would you throw a rock at John Cena, The Big Show or Dave Batista (big freakin wrestlers) and not expect to get pounded into the dirt?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I would imagine either the rock-thrower is in a "hidden" place or throwing at the armed person from behind.

Otherwise, yeah, it's like the British way of fighting in the 18th century when troops just lined up and fired away at the enemy.