Baldur's Gate Question

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
When you first start out in Candlekeep and you get multiparty training with the illusionist dude, is there a point where he stops creating illusions for you to fight and you get XP or something? Or does he just keep creating Hobgoblins for you to fight and you have to tell him you want to stop? 'Cause I fought about 5 battles with Hobgoblins and got impatient :) and just told him to stop.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I just didn't know if it was like that case with the "idiot" dude in Nashkel who keeps following you but eventually goes away and you get XP for putting up with him.

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
LOL, I killed that guy until I read a spoiler that said you would get experience if you let him babble on.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I got "cautious" when the manual said to talk to everyone and not kill them because you might close off some side-quests. And I just can't be Chaotic Evil (any kind of evil, actually); having to fight spawning Iron Fist soldiers didn't sound like a good time :)

Although IF I ever finish this, I might give it a shot...

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Well, fortunately the developers weren't too evil. :) If you kill him, you DON'T lose any reputation and the guards DON'T attack :D

A

arhar

Damn!
I ran away from the annoying guy, because I reaaaaally wanted to kill him, but it wasn't in my alignment :)

Warning - SPOILER FOLLOWS.

The best roleplaying experience in that game was when I entered a tavern and there was a guy who wanted to start a fight with me, because his son went adventuring and got killed. Talking this guy out of it got me a lot of XP :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I must not have gotten there yet (Beregost and Nashkel are the only towns I've been in) because every guy I talk to who wants to kill me, does so. I don't get a chance to talk him out of it (that I remember).