back in red

• Thread starter Jareth, Goblin King
  • Start date
J

Jareth, Goblin King

Been a long time since I posted, took time away from the game to practice my Chess. Now that I am back, this is a very non original burn deck that I want to test at my local shop. comment, ideas are wanted.

4 shock
4 rift bolt
4 Flame of the Bloodhand
4 Pulse of the Forge
4 Seal of Fire
4 Incenerate
4 Volcanic Hammer
4 lava Spike
4 Browbeat
4 seismic Assault

Land
2 barbarian ring

18 mountain

I have thought about ensnaring bridge and howling mine and maybe replacing shock with Mogg Fanatic

B

Budget Player Cadet

Drop the hammer. It sucks, and nobody can prove to me otherwise.
Run instead four Keldon marauders (they rule).
And for christ's sake, add 4 nevirral's disk and something like ensnaring bridge to stop stompy (who just killed you).
Oh, and fireblast is a wonderful finisher.
Plus, try sudden shock for uncounterable damage (yeah, i know, there are ways, but they are few and far between!) and Pyromancer's swath for more bang for your buck.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
The Bridge is a great idea..... but I wonder how the deck would run if you took out the higher cost/lower damage burn spells, splashed black..... and played Yawgmoth's Will..... :D

Damn you Banned/Restricted List!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well..... Spinerock Knoll? Breaking Point?

BPC said:
Drop the hammer. It sucks, and nobody can prove to me otherwise.
Run instead four Keldon marauders (they rule).
And for christ's sake, add 4 nevirral's disk and something like ensnaring bridge to stop stompy (who just killed you).
Oh, and fireblast is a wonderful finisher.
Plus, try sudden shock for uncounterable damage (yeah, i know, there are ways, but they are few and far between!) and Pyromancer's swath for more bang for your buck.
I disagree about the Hammer. Getting more damage than the mana you put in is always a great deal.
Disk is too slow for this deck. It needs to be something that stymies the other offense (Bridge) or something that destroys all of the creatures (Breaking Point isn't the best choice, but effective for what you want).
Sudden Shock is overrated. Having a spell countered here and there means nothing when you're dropping 2-3 burn spells a turn.
Swath = Amazing.

Ransac, cpa trash man

M

Modus Pwnens

Grapeshot is always nice to have, especially with a swath in play. Maybe replace to pulses with fanatics indeed, the idea is that you are above your opponent in life. Consider adding char, if you can afford them.

B

Budget Player Cadet

My problem is, I always run out of cards. That's the reason I run browbeat. I would run four, but... I don't have them! What a surprise!

J

Jareth, Goblin King

the hammer stays, and I will add the bridge or breaking point(what to take out) . i am trying to to keep this extended legal so the Disk is out. I run fireblast in a goblin deck, but since i'm sticking to the extended idea so i can't use it in this deck.

B

Budget Player Cadet

But I still recommend four browbeats-they're also standard legal.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Blazing Salvo?

Ok, it may not really go with this deck, but I just have to recommend this card to any red deck.....

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
No salvo. The fact that you're not in control of the damage is always a negative.

Ransac, cpa trash man