Baaaad crazyness.

G

Gryphonclaw

Is it just me or are people getting dumber? I mean, take a look at humanity as a whole. Ever since our conception as a legitimate race we've been striving to improve our position in the food chain. Now that we've achieved the top, (humans have no natural predators) we seem to be backsliding. A majority of our 'intelligence' is force-fed to us in our formative years. Our ability to absorb and regurgitate information has become a survival trait. All too often other legitimate capabilities are ignored or ridiculed. Why do we have this destructive quality? Is it a hold-over from the days when we were competing with each other? Is it some sort of survival trait that as long as you tear someone else down you won't be torn down by them? Have we all just degenerated into a primitive self serving format that promotes destructive behaviour? Why have we all become these automatons of hate and greed and foulness and corruption and evil and and and .......

Am I making any sense? Why is the screen flashing psychedelic colors at me?

Wait, wait, that's just the screen saver, those little green pills you found were probably just tic-tacs.... . . . . .

then why is my left hand bright blue!!!!!

[me] runs away screaming incoherently and curls up, sobbing, in a corner in the fetal position.[/me]

And the moral of the story is, those little green pills are not tic-tacs, and swallowing them would be a bad idea.
I just had to get a little crazyness out of my system.
It's a pity, cause it is a valid point,

Why can't we all just get along?

D

Duel

Humanity is getting dumber. The reason many people are alive is because of instructions on toothpicks and warnings that sleeping pills may cause drowsiness (no lie!). I say we have the government issue 10 million hair dryers without any instructions or warnings. I'm betting that 7 or 8 million people will be found dead the next day in their shower because they decided it would be quicker if they could wash and dry at the same time...

Z

Zadok001

LoL Duel... :) God, I hope we're not that bad. I subscribe a slightly different theory (Duel, this one's inspired by Carlson, so it's pretty odd!). People are dumb. A person can be smart, but people are dumb.

"To the moon and back."

F

FoundationOfRancor

Well, see, we havent been striving till about 10 thousand years ago when a year round agricultural method was founded. The problem with this method is that it defies all instincts, emotions that we have and it goes against natural law. Anyway, as a result, we have come to bel;eave that all our instincts and emotions (and the repurcussions od them) are wrong or bad. The point is that people are not supposed to get along, were acting exactly the same way we evolved to act, we were just raised to think its wrong.

About the stupid aspect of humanity, normally, these stupid peiple wouldnt survive and eventually wouldnt be born due to Survival of the Fittest. That is not possible in our current culutre (again, due to our agriculture method) so these people go on living. If I dont make myself clear, just ask.

G

garfobosonfire

Another addition to this post is as follows:

Isnt it odd how a PERSON can think and act smart and logically, but PEOPLE are just a mass of utter confusion and stupidity. How is that? any ideas? And FoR is right. Because of the end of the Hunter-Gatherer civilization, and the on-bringing of agriculture we have just totally screwed ourselves over. And I did have some of those little green pills. Chad gave 'em to me. Wait, im feelin a little dizzy.
>silence<................................................

Sorry, man ;)