Aven Cloudchaser question

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by LordKerwyn, Jun 7, 2006.

1. LordKerwyn 3rd time buying cards

Pardon my newbie-ness...

After about 6 years of being out of the M:TG playing hobby, I've picked it up again. And I've infected my wife with the game as well.

I have totally forgotten how this works, so help me out....

Aven Cloudchaser: "Flying. When -this- comes into play, destroy target enchantment."

Does this mean that an enchantment has to be in play before you can play this card? Or can she just play the card?

Thanks for the help.
  2. Jigglypuff Big Cute Pink Thing

She can just play the card. If you can't carry out the comes-into-play ability, nothing happens.

(- Steve -)
  3. Limited Yes, but we won't care

But you cannot choose to have it do nothing.. if there are enchantments in play, you have to destroy one of them. If there aren't any, than the ability simply does nothing.
  4. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

This includes your own, if you're the only one with enchantments and you're the one casting the Cloudchaser.
  5. LordKerwyn 3rd time buying cards

Thanks a million, gang....I've been playing since the Revised set came out, but I had quit twice, sold my cards twice (kicking myself for that one), and I've gotten back into MTG again. It's funny how addicting and fun this game truly is, and it transcends age boundaries.

Thanks again for the help.