As the cricket chirps

M

Mikeymike

Wow its really been quiet here recently huh? I've been gone for nearly 2 months and I was hoping to come back and find the Deck section ripping with new Torment ideas and OBC thoughts.

But anway...

Man, I've played Magic maybe 2 or 3 times since early December and I am totally out of the loop. I haven't read an article in I don't know how long, so I have no idea of what decks are being played in constructed Type 2 and Extended. I know little about the Torment cards (although I really like what I see, WOTC is getting creative with the graveyard interactions).

I've got to get back in the loop, but the Card Database thats been in my head is in serious need of a tuning up. Cool thing is I think this time away has recharged my play. I played last night and my game was as sharp as I can remember. Don't know if it was Returner's Luck or what, hope it continues.

Check this out, as soon as I stopped going to my local WOTC store on a regular basis Tony Tsai started going there on a regular basis. Sucks b/c I know he's plays pick up games with the other regs there, and I've only gotten to play him a few times. It was a weird feeling, playing against him brought the game to a different level - it really became a game of chess as I was trying to pick up on his moves for the next few turns at a time. I'll say this, there is a reason he's considered one of the best players in the country if not the world.

Funny thing was I didn't even realize who he was until a few months ago. I met him over the summer time and was like "Hi Tony, if you're interested in playing some casual games me and my friends get together blah blah derf dooff duh", needless to say he politely declined. What a dumboink I am sometimes.

Anyway, its good to be back. Hope to get back involved on the boards again soon once my memory gets refreshed.