Arts at Magicsur.com

C

Chaos Turtle

Nevermind that silly fake spoiler, check out the awesome new arts posted at Magicsur.com!

Here they are!

Minotaur Illustionist
Evidently red-blue (check out the ribbons on his weapon). Is this confirmation of non-allied colors in mana costs?
Whirlpool Warrior
It doesn't say "penumbra," but what's that in the background?
Bloodfire Dwarf
Dwarf? Dwarf! Yes, dwarf! And the art is... a dwarf!
Phyrexian Gargantua
Could this be the next absurdly huge artifact creature?
Cromat
Holy crap this guy looks cool, snacking on a polar bear!
Suffocating Blast
Any clues on what this does?
Penumbra Kavu
Does this represent some new mechanic? The picture makes me giggle...:D
Penumbra Wurm
Notice the shadows in the art for the penumbra creatures.
Emblazoned Golem
Artifact creature with kicker! Features all 5 Coalition symbols; could it have 5 kickers? Nah...
Gaea's Skyfolk
Looks like a blue-green merfolk...elf? dryad?
Anavolver
A green creature with blue and black kickers, similar to Battlemages perhaps?
Desolation Angel
A lovely picture that has already been the subject of much speculation. Looks like a red-black angel with a white kicker.
Gerrard Capashen
At last...

R

rkoelsch

Beautiful angel too bad it is red black. I am going to have to build a w/r/b angel deck now. How impossible is that going to be. Maybe it should be 5 color with harrows and rampant growths. With green's mana acceleration maybe I will have enough to play Reya.

S

Sammy Dead-O

Gaea's Skyfolk looks awesome. Obviously some sort of G/U action. I hope it's gold instead of just an off-color kicker. Can't wait to see the creature type...

C

Cateran Emperor

Gaea's Skyfolk looks like some strange Creature - Merfolk Elf or something.

The art on Penumbra Kavu is AMAZING! I love it!

N

Necrosavant

the Emblazoned Golem kinda reminds me of the Terminator slightly....

S

Sammy Dead-O

Originally posted by Cateran Emperor
Gaea's Skyfolk looks like some strange Creature - Merfolk Elf or something.
If it's Merfolk Elf...or even Merfolk Dryad...it might be the coolest creature type ever. Dual creature types are really fun, for some reason. Just imagine the cool critters that could be made for Goblin Cleric, Elf Horror, or Minotaur Zombie.

Necrosavant: I see what you mean, especially if you're talking about the Terminator as it often appeared in the comics.

Z

Zadok001

The effect common between the two Penumbra creatures is very intriguing... :) I like the effect in the art, I hope the effect in the card will be equally impressive!

C

Chaos Turtle

Added Bloodfire Dwarf, see original post.

Wow, what a cool-looking card. And it's a dwarf!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, a dwarf!

But man, is he physically pumped up or WHAT? He needs to cut down on that "weight-lifting" ;)

And purple hair, must be the new dwarf fad... :)

T

terzarima

I think dwarves have been left out, I mean, how many have we seen lately? *Sniff* Poor little guy, out there all alone, none of his buddies are comin' Maybe that's why he's so pissed.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think it was done on purpose. And dwarves don't really fit in the whole Urza/Gerrard storyline. And somebody from WOTC (was it from one of theorgg's interviews? I can't remember) said something like they had been "concentrating" on other races, like Goblins, at the time.

I do hope dwarves will make a bigger presence in the future, though! Here's hoping... ;)

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

i don't like the new golem picture, i didn't like the mechs and i don't like this, what happened to the good ol' days when golems were made out of rock and ore?

C

Chernobyl Hamster

A wonderful twist to magic would be to add another color!:D Then it would turn into pokemon cards!THE HORROR! THE HORROR!

T

TeamRegime.com

All this looks great. But I DO MISS Quinton Hoover and Richard Kane Ferguson.

NIcholas Knight

M

Mr_Pestilence

Re: Suffocating Blast

Hopefully, it does something like this:

Suffocating Blast (common)
(instant)
R
Kicker - caster may sacrifice all of his (I say "his" because in my 6 years of playing Magic, none of the 3 female players I have personally seen played Red) permanents in play and discard his hand to search your opponent's library and remove from the game all actual or potential sources of Blue mana, and all cards with Blue in their casting cost.

If any opponent controls a Blue permanent or a source of Blue mana, you may cast Suffocating Blast at any time, simply by announcing "Suffocating Blast", and revealing the card to your anally retentive opponent.

When Suffocating Blast is played, all actual and potential sources of Blue mana burst into flame, each of them causing their controller to lose 3 points of life. They are then removed from the game.

The controller of any Blue permanent or source of Blue mana reveals his hand, and removes from the game any Blue permanent or potential Blue source of mana.

All permanents in play which are Blue, or have Blue in their casting cost, are removed from the game, but not until they cause their controller to lose life equivalent to their converted costing cost.

Suffocating Blast may not be countered, sunk, misdirected, bounced, have it's color changed, have any of it's text altered, or be removed from the game, unless it's caster agrees to any such action.

Draw a card.

If Suffocating Blast is in any graveyard at any time, it's controller may return it to his/her hand by saying "C'mere, I'm not done with you yet."

There is no per deck limit to Suffocating Blast - you may play 60 (or more) of them if you wish.

Since Red doesn't have Red Elemental Blast, Pyroblast, Parch, Guma, Curse of Merit Lage, Magnetic Mountain, Burnout, Active Volcano, Evaporate, Spinal Villain, Reign of Chaos, Sirocco, Heat Wave, or much of anything else to fight Blue (OK, there is Boil - good luck getting that through), this seems fair and balanced to me.

Note: this still won't stop Nether Spirit, but you can't have everything (unless you're playing Blue, that is).

B

Baron Sengir

I really miss ol' RKF. I wonder why he doesn't do art for them anymore?

I remain
The Baron
Dakkon Blackblade is second in coolness only to my card.