Article Wipe?

S

Sean Roney

Howdy all. Formerly Sefro here. I can't for the life of me recall what my old password was.

Perhaps this is the wrong subforum, but I wanted to ask: How does one get one's entire article/comic library wiped? I know I've asked for certain articles to be deleted from my author search in the past, but could someone help me with just wiping the whole lot of them?

This is me, but I can't think of a way to confirm this at the moment. Any ideas, or could y'all trust my DCI-hating carcass?

S

Sean Roney

Removal of cyber confusion (aka, unplug the results from Google searches or even existence). While many of the items were fun to create (especially the comics) I feel it would be better if they were all wiped.

It was fun writing here at CPA, and I think it would be fun to write here again. I'm considering a new series of articles looking at themes in sets and on cards, rather than strategy (which I was always bad at) and community issues (which always ends up being nerd rage).

How can we rid the world of all the badly-drawn comics and the over-snarky rants?

May I request a reboot?

turgy22

Nothing Special
That's a bummer. I enjoyed reading your stuff and didn't discover it until long after it was posted. It's a shame that other people who aren't yet familiar with this site might never get to read through some of the best articles that have been published here. I know I've gone back and read some of my old stuff that ranged from bad to downright embarrassing, but you never know what someone else might find amusing.

If I was worried about a future employer or someone like that digging up this stuff in a background check, I'd ask that my name be removed and maybe have it published under a pseudonym (yeah, I know the official submission policy says otherwise, but I think it's a reasonable request). It just seems a waste to completely expunge so much of what helped make this site what it is today.

Obviously, it's your (and the admin's) decision. Just throwing in my two cents.

S

Sean Roney

@rokapoke -- Good one!

@turgy22 -- Thank you for the compliment. You touched on why I would rather wipe the content, but I like the idea of keeping the content while wiping the name.

In that case, it would be a majority of the content that goes. The comic files all have my name (and are frankly the most problematic).The fiction I would prefer to go, as I am planning on reusing some concepts and characters. Better not to have future publishing conflicts. For anyone who liked the M94/Worldshift stuff, that is exactly what I'm working on.

However, that would leave the rants. The titles would even need to change, however.

I'd be fine with cooperating with Admins to come up with new titles and monikers for them. Is that something we could work out?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
<shrug> I personally don't have a problem with changing titles or monikers, we all are familiar with you. I think the real name rule was more for when lots of people were coming here and were submitting stuff and we weren't familiar with them. Let me know what you want changed and deleted.

You could ask Ed Sullivan to get your old pw for you for SeFro.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I forget. Did that account get changed back to SeFro (from Notepad, which he had it changed to in order to foment confusion, a cause I heartily endorse)? Because if it didn't, maybe he only thinks he forgot the password and he actually forgot the username. Or maybe he forgot both?

SeFro: Whatever your decision regarding the remaining stuff available here is, please keep us updated. If you publish anything on other sites, spam us with links or whatnot. Like Turgy, I really enjoyed the stuff you wrote. If you're planning to get some of your work printed, let us know. I mean, I personally have something like zero dollars right now, but still...

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
I don't have the password (no one does) - but you should be able to request a new if you still have access to the email you registered with.

S

Sean Roney

I'll see what I can do to crack my old password. I have a general idea of what it might be. Now a few moments from now we'll see.

As for the content--after lots of thought--any chance of just wiping them all? I went back and looked and while the articles aren't as bad as the comics, some things pop up here and there, and none of the articles have much relevance to nowadays.

I'd be happy to type up new stuff. I really want to write some articles about Innistrad block and its cool monster themes.

Oversoul, ask and you shall receive!

And, I just published an ebook. Here it is, a bargain at 99 cents!
http://www.amazon.com/Dermaphobes-ebook/dp/B006NTH1YU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324536482&sr=8-1

And if you want more writing than that, or can't afford the 99 cent novel, you can check out my short stories for free at:
http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/seanroney
(PLEASE I need reviews. Be honest. One stars are fine if you feel that way [five stars tastes better, though], but man I could just use a lot of reviews.)

And lastly, my blog, which I am working hard to make sure has TWO updates per day. (Sometimes borderline NSFW with bikinis):
http://woxo.blogspot.com/

S

Sean Roney

After a bunch of tries, and probably red flagging the hell out of the login box, I failed to remember my old password. It would be nice to get back on there and wipe old posts, haha. I remember pissing everyone off with a post here and there.