"Arena" in the Nov. Type II...sugestions please.

P

PTQ

4 Mindslicer
4 Voice of All
4 Spectral Lynx
4 Devoted Caretaker

4 Duress
4 Phyrexian Arena
4 Wrath of God
4 Vindicate
4 Death Grasp

4 Cabal Pit (is that the name?)
4 Caves of Koilos
9 Plains
7 Swamps

Well? Any comments?

G

Griffith_se

hmm...?
I like this deck. Mostly because I have almost
all of cards listed. :)

Do you think that you might take to much damage from your lands and Arena?

I was thinking:

4 Life Burst/Soul Link
2 Death Grasp
2 Wrath of God

Maybe Resilient Wanderer instead of Mindslicer?

Something like that.
I don't know, what do ya think.

P

PTQ

I've been tearing my hair out for a replacement for Chemeric Idol in this thing, and Mindslicer is the best I could come up with.

I added Devoted Caretaker, and thus removed the Verdicts, so I also thought that the Mindslicer would help as additional discard. My initial thoughts were that with an Arena on the table, the hand discard would not hurt too much.

As for the Pits, I wanted a colorless source or removal/ regenerator kill method. I have not played a single game with this yet, so I don't know the full brunt of the damage they may do to me.

Are the Caretakers worth dropping the Verdicts for?

G

Gizmo

Why did you put them in?
I mean they seem to have approximately 0 synergy with the deck. Youve hardly got any permanents, and the only permanents youve got are Regenerating Lynxes, Protection Voices, and Mindslicers that half of the time your opponent won`t want to destroy.

So what, exactly, is the Caretaker going to be protecting?

Here`s another take on it. The Millstone kill is just an interesting twist, as opposed to a 5-star recommendation. I just want to play Millstone/Echoes a couple of times to see how brutul it proves to be, it also potentially solves a lot of Flashback monster problems. Could just as easily throw 6 nasty monsters into those slots.

4 Duress
4 Gerrards Verdict
4 Vindicate
4 Rain of Tears
4 Befoul
3 Phyrexian Arena
3 Death Grasp
4 Wrath Of God (shame Kirtars Wrath is a little too expensive, really)
2 Haunting Echoes

4 Millstone

4 Terminal Moraine
4 Caves Of Koilos
6 Plains
10 Swamp

edit:
except of course Rain Of Tears isnt legal. :rolleyes: Oops

P

PTQ

Hmmm...

Good point.

How's 'bout 2 Echos and 2 Persecute in the Caretaker's place. Or should I just put the verdicts back in?

I've also thought about Millstone in B/W, but never had the nerve to try it out. Seems a little shakey to me without counterspell back-up.

P

PTQ

OK, played a few games last night to test this thing out.

U/G Opp.
Mono-blue Fish-Opp
Red/Green beat-down
White Weenie, splashed with black.
Blue/White millstone.

This did very well against the WW and the R/G.
I split the games vs. U/W
...and could only win against the Opp decks after sideboarding, using instant enchantment removal, Routs and Decrees in my upkeep.

Now, the question is, are the Cabal Pits worth it? They did kill a few llynxs, and are one of the only methods this deck would have to deal with Iridesant Angel should one show up, outside of wrath-effects.

Does anyone else have any sugestions?

R

rkoelsch

I don't think the pits are worth the pain. I don't think the Iridescent Angel will be much of a threat. The reason everyone needed an answer to Blastoderm was it was so fast. By the time the angel comes out that player will almost be dead. I just don't see ruining your main deck against a creature that will only show in less than 20 percent of your matches. But that is just my opinion.