Aquamoeba

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by Neo_Keo, Jun 13, 2002.

1. Neo_Keo -=[I]=- []2ice |Voodles

I have out Aquamoeba and a Blesses Orator out in play.

the aquamoeba is a 1/4 because of the Orator's ability. What happens when I switch the Aquamoeba's power and tougness.
  2. Purple_jester New Member

The Amoeba then becomes a 3/1, which is upgraded to 3/2 by the Orator.
  3. BigBlue Magic Jones

Are you sure it isn't a 4/2? it says to switch power and toughness, which was 1/4, and orator grants +0/+1 always, after the switch it'll get the toughness bonus.
  4. Chaos Turtle Demiurgic CPA Member, Admin Assistant

You apply effects generated by the permanent itself before effects from other permanents.
  5. EricBess Active Member

Umm... Actually, unless someone can state a rule on this and I'm confused, you apply the effects in time-stamp order.

As such, the Orator would be making the Aquamoeba a 1/4 and activating the Aquamoeba would turn him into a 4/1. You would not reapply the Orator's ability. 4/1 would be the final result.
  6. Chaos Turtle Demiurgic CPA Member, Admin Assistant

I'm confused too. I don't trust my memory anymore. :eek:

After some time scouring the archives (which are only current to June 2002) I can't find anything to support the idea that Aquamoeba's ability should be applied in anything other than timestamp order.

But.

I found a few references to it being "under review," meaning that there may be a newer ruling. Unfortunately, I delete my MTG-L Rules list digests soon after I read them, and I don't have anything really current to go by.

So, until I or someone else finds something more current than June, it looks like timestamp is still the right order to apply these effects.