app tournamen

V

Volradon

Yeah, listen up all of u roody poo jabronies. How bout we have a apprentice tournament where u can play anyone, anytime, and in any weird format your sick mind can make up. And the winer will either pm the result to me or post it here with all the detail about how you crushed your upponent. Each week, i will post the top 5. That way we can compete in something other then post count.

Here are my challenges:

Riva: comon, u say newbies suck? Well, lets see who has the SKILZ

Duke: yeah u!!! U can sure act bad but do u have what it take to beat me?

Ed: Think u r smart? Does this guy even play magic?

Zadok: Here, let me show u how to tap lands!!

The format i sugest is best out of 5 standard (type two) NO SIDEBOARD.

Pm me or post it here if u accept the challenge or wana challenge someone else.

Also, I will try to run tourney at least once a week. They will be various different formats. I will see if i can do one today. If i can, it will be T2 creature only, with magenta the lion, or whatever she is (the one with a built-in wraith) being restricted. U may only have creatures and basic lands.

[Edited by Volradon on 11-12-00 at 03:46 PM]

D

DÛke

...afraid I will not have enough time to participate in such contest. I think same consequence may apply for the rest of the people you mentioned, but who knows?

Besides, we don't "compete" on post counts, who ever told you that?

There. :)

V

Volradon

When do u people ususally have time to play so i know when we can have CPA only tourneys in our chatroom. I just actually wana play agains someone with my highlander deck. I also considered a format where its t2 and each deck has to have 4 Coalition Victories.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds like somebody is offering to TO some tournament action!

Anybody up for it? :D

D

Darsh

Yeah, I challenge you because you stole my idea. Well, I would but I'm grounded so I can't get on the net much.

R

Riva Iron-Grip

I wilt take up thy challenge, good sir Volradon. When shalt this tourney taketh place? Doth thou have the wit, to take on the most skilled of opponents, or are thee just a loley coward, who thinketh he doth know how to beat such a worthy opponent? When shalt thy tourney commence Sir Volradon? But i shouldeth suggest that spells beeth included.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Heh, I can take you. At least, as long as you aren't a hardcore Pro Tour player underneath this call sign. I think I have a nice chance at taking you up, Volradon. As soon as you can give me your hook-up number thingy, I'll connect and play you, but I need to upgrade my apprecntice first.

Ransac, a lot of delays in progress

R

Ramsac

SHUT UP, bro! you suck, you make me sick.

Re-he-he-he! MWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!!!

And thats the bottom line, because I said so!

raMsac, death dealer

P

PiccoloFateX

I'd like to join also, but my appr is missing the Invasion/Prophecy updates. =(

If I can get them, I'll play.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think this particular tournament is going on (it's pretty old), but you can try to start a new one.

The patch for Invasions/Prophecy is at http://www.dragonstudios.com. At the update patch list, choose the second one (not the one from dragonstudios; I think it's mtgnews or something).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I assume you're not familiar with mtgleague(?) tourneys so...

I imagine people interested meet in the chatroom at a certain time and pair off using Apprentice. When the matches are finished, a Scorekeeper keeps track and people pair off again. Just like IRL.