Apologies & Such

turgy22

Nothing Special
Hey guys. Sorry for the extended leave of absence. I've been gone for a couple reasons and feel that an explanation is in order.

1)I needed a break. For a while, I was spending entirely too much time playing games on the message board. After clobbering everyone in Ghost Party and Dead Man's Treasure and getting severely walloped in the first round of the singleton draft, I just sort of hit a wall, where I was really tired of playing. So I decided that I'd kind of duck out once the draft was over, but...
2)I screwed up the order in the draft pairings. I actually posted the right order in the draft thread, but I screwed up in my notes, so I thought I had a bye in the second round. Considering how fast Ransac and I finished and how long the games usually take, I figured I'd have about a month before I was needed again. Obviously, I was wrong and was supposed to be playing the loser of the Spidey / DF match. Really sorry about that, DF! Now we can get started.
3)I got busy at work. Work, for me, comes in waves. At times, I've got nothing to do and other times I'm swamped. Last month, my work status swung from the former to the latter. It wouldn't have been so bad, but the other people working on the project that came in had quite a few mistakes in their work. While I was spending my time finding and fixing those mistakes, one of those people found a different job and the other got fired. So basically, I'm working the project alone now and it's eating up my entire work day. I rarely check the boards at home and when I got out of the habit of visiting the site daily, it completely slipped out of my mind.
4)My wife is pregnant. I can't really say that this has been an incredible burden on my time, but it sure didn't help me remember that I was in the middle of an online Magic tournament.

Anyway, last night, I was on my computer and thought I'd take the time to see how soon the next round in the draft was supposed to start. Much to my surprise, I discovered that I had been holding things up for a while. So I took the time to write this little apology and hopefully, we can play our games in a timely fashion.

It's nice to see new things posted on the front page. I was planning on writing a tournament report about the singleton draft once it was all wrapped up, but it seems that Ransac and Oversoul beat me to the punch.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
turgy22 said:
It's nice to see new things posted on the front page. I was planning on writing a tournament report about the singleton draft once it was all wrapped up, but it seems that Ransac and Oversoul beat me to the punch.
Go ahead. I'm sure you'd do a much better job than us--especially Ransac. :p

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Oversoul said:
Go ahead. I'm sure you'd do a much better job than us--especially Ransac. :p
Hey!..... I thought my article was good... :(

Great to have you back, turgy22! Congrats on your wife being pregnant!!!!

Considering how this draft was your idea, go right ahead and write an article if you want.

Ransac, cpa trash man

L

Limited

Congratulations on your wife being pregnant! Are you expecting a boy or a girl?

(I actually made a typo in the previous sentence, which made it read "Are you expecting a boy or a gril?". Made me laugh)

I hope we'll get to see a new article once the busy-wave has passed.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, glad you made it back - that's all that matters. I know about the work thing too. And congrats on the little one - is it your first? And I miss your articles from the front page, so I hope you write some more :)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Limited said:
(I actually made a typo in the previous sentence, which made it read "Are you expecting a boy or a gril?"
Actually, I may prefer to have a grill. I'm sick of just using a Foreman grill. Let's get some charcoal flavor!

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Congrats on becoming a dad.... Don't apologize, just return to the board as much as you can.

Ransac: What does the Foreman grill run on?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ransac said:
You've never heard of a Geore Foreman Grill?!?!?!?!?!?!?
I've heard of it, but know nothing about it, as I never owned one or knew anyone that owned one or talked about it to anyone, but you.... wow, does that seem lame....

turgy22

Nothing Special
Thanks for the congratulations.

We're not sure on the gender yet and we were planning on waiting to find out. My wife's not due till December, though, so there's time still. And it is our first.

It's funny that you should talk about grills. We, too, have only a Foreman grill and my wife really wanted an outdoor grill. But now we're kind of tight on money, so we have to put that off.