AOL instant messenger?

F

FoundationOfRancor

Hey! I was just wondering if any of you have aol instant messenger. I got ICQ but I cant figure out how it works so Im stiking to IM. My screen name is RancorDragon.

W

Wizard2000

I wish they would make ONE instant messenger program. If I wanted to talk to all my e-friends I'd be running MSN, AOL, ICQ, Yahoo, etc....

Let's all stick to ICQ if possible. If you need help using it just ask here and I am sure I can help ya.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I'm currently on AOL (still waiting on my cable provider to get their ISP up :( ). My screen name is TomB11061. Post me a message sometime when I'm online, and I'd be happy to try and talk you through the ICQ process, though I have to admit I'm pretty new at it too. I'll put you on my Buddy list - you do the same with me and we'll try to get together that way.

TomB
CPA Member

W

Wizard2000

Ok... let's all start using AOL IM then. :)

I'll download it later and see what I can do with it.

Thanks

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I know. I hate it. But it came free with my computer for 3 months, so I thought 'What the Hell'. My cable provider promised their ISP would be online by mid-January, but it's no luck so far, and now I'll have to start PAYING for the AOL access. My phone lines (apparently) are too old for most of the other dial-in ISP's, and I'm not putting in a new phone line until I've given up on the cable thing altogether, so it looks like I'm stuck with it for now.

Sigh.

Oh, and Wizard2000? I just thought I might be able to help him get his ICQ working, and I don't think having multiple ways to get a hold of one another is a bad thing.

TomB
CPA Member

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wizard: If you like Microsoft (and MSN) you can blame AOL for a part of that "non compatible" messaging. MSN tried to hook into AOL's system but they said no way... probably because they have most of the market right now.

F

FoundationOfRancor

All I know is that I have a cable modem and I can use IM fine. I just went to aol.com and downloaded the messenger program. My dad has this michnet program and it seems to workfine on his. Thanks tomb, cant wait to talk to ya. I am so comper illiterate, i cant even get ICQ to work :)

T

The Magic Jackal

My aol sn is jvjackal. I'm always up for a good chat if anyone is interested

T

theorgg

no way in the pits of Tartarus I would attempt AOHELL's messanger again.

bathtubs! ICQ is the only messanger program I'm going to use.

Just mess around with it. eventually you'll figure it out.

U

Ura

Well, since this conversation is going, I just wanted to know who out there does have ICQ. I'm an ICQ user, (#21650041) and I just wanted to know how many other magic players are too.

A

arhar

My ICQ is 6268181 (and now, I didn't skip one number.. it just shows that I've been on ICQ for a looooooong time ;) ) ... I once talked to a person with ICQ number 3!!!

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Bathtubs? :D

My ICQ number is 60577320. I'm usually not on until after midnight, Chicago time, so I'm sometimes hard to get a hold of. I'd be happy to add any of you to my contact list though, so if you're up late give me a holler.

TomB
CPA Member

T

theorgg

ummmm...

ever played Eternal Champions for sega CD?

the circus girl's taunt sounded like "bathtub"; however, it wasn't EXACTLY bathtub. more like bath turd...

or somthing...

C

Chaos Turtle

ICQ # 42242567 if you must know...
and AOL is the very Devil!

W

Wizard

ICQ# 3445633 and AOL is only a minor daemon Bill Gates is the true devil.

[Edited by Wizard (03-29-2000 at 05:57 PM).]