Anyone wanna play?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
With the super hero Spiderman out for a while, anyone want to start a game, mindmaster, precon decks, classic net decks go head to head, sealed deck?

turgy22

Nothing Special
I don't know whether or not you remember, but a couple years back, BigBlue came up with this idea of a format called "Top Deck" where each player starts with no hand and can choose any card in the game each turn to put into their hand. I played a few games with BB and it was a lot of fun, but insanely degenerate and time-consuming, so I was thinking of tweaking the format a bit to dull down both of those problems. I had two possibilities in mind (which, looking back, were actually suggested at the time):

Top Deck Limited: We start out with a pile of boosters. Maybe 6 to 10 total. All of the boosters get opened and revealed. We do a mini-draft of 2 to 6 cards each, which will be our opening hands. After that, each player takes his turn, but instead of drawing you pick a new card from the pool of cards that were in the boosters (or a basic land.)

Top Deck Constructed: We each pick 40 to 60 cards from an existing format (Standard, Modern, pick-a-Block, something else that isn't Legacy or Vintage or Classic or whatever Type I is called nowadays). All those cards get pooled together. Play proceeds as per standard Top Deck rules.

Original Top Deck Thread

Some general rule alterations that apply to either choice:
-No need for a best-of-five series
-No maximum hand size or card draw limits
-Shared library instead of individual ones
-Cards can go back into the shared library instead of always getting exiled

turgy22

Nothing Special
No. Well, no not really. In the variations I'm proposing, there's a possibility that the same card will show up more than once. If that happens, we'll keep track of how many copies are available and once all copies are exhausted, it won't be available to pick anymore.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Top deck Limited would work.
So you can pick a card or a basic land instead of your draw.
Can this be multi-player?
Three player game might tone down the degeneration but add some to the time.
I will be off and on until the 16th

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So it kinda sounds like Wizard's Tower except you get to choose your starting hand via draft and no common pool to choose from.

I'll play.