Anyone else pick up Neverwinter Nights?

B

BigBlue

I've got to say, WOW! You can see they spent time developing this one, 5 years worth of time well spent.

I pulled up the module creator, to see what it looks like, and it is cool.

I love the zoom in and out feature. I have a few issues with the game, but who doesn't with any game, and I've yet to determine if they are correctable with settings.

Anyways, well worth the price of admission.

A

arhar

AWESOME, awesome game!!!!!!!!
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

I also LOVE a Zoom-in Zoom-out feature... That's what been missing all this time from Baldur's Gate series :) There goes my social life :(

B

BigBlue

The Zooming is Definately cool. even though it's a little unrealistic, you see further than you should, but it is very cool nonetheless.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
From today's Gamespy newsletter:

Neverwinter Nights Patch - Kyote
BioWare has released a new patch available via the game's auto-updater, which brings their D&D RPG Neverwinter Nights to version 1.21. This version includes the Contest of Champions module, fixed item ghosting issues, and fixed other assorted bugs.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member

Neverwinter Nights - Known Issue in Patch 1.21 - Corgan
BioWare has acknowledged that equipping an item that provides bonuses to certain skills will remove all of your remaining skills as of patch 1.21 for Neverwinter Nights. As a temporary solution, they have stated that saving and reloading the game once you have equipped the item in question will restore the lost skills. If you are inclined to roll back to path 1.20, you can download the manual patch from BioWare.

Source: PlanetNeverwinter

S

Svenmonkey

Just picked it up 2 days ago. I have to say, it's fun, but it plays and looks like a console game.

B

BigBlue

Do you think you'll exploit the Toolkit? I mean use it to build your own modules.

The Single Player is ok, like sven says, "it plays like a console game," but the true magic of the game is the ability to create your own adventures for others to try. There are some good modules you can DL, the penultima series is pretty good (though meant for multiplaying).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
From yesterday's Gamespy newsletter:

Neverwinter Nights Patch - Prophet
BioWare has released yet another patch for its ultra popular roleplaying game, Neverwinter Nights. The latest update addresses what BioWare calls a "number of significant concerns" reported by players. You can grab it from the fine folks at FilePlanet right here. Changes in this version include (taken from BioWare's press release):
  • We have removed SecureROM disk checking.
  • Optimized some multiplayer code for modem/high-ping users.
  • Added new Toolset Wizards. See below for details.
  • Improved overall game stability.
  • Added the option "Supress Base Servervault" to prevent listing characters in the root of a Server Vault
  • Added code to handle bad save game data properly.
  • Invalid Character bug in Server Vault is fixed (ICB Bug).
  • More DM Client fixes for possession, factions, and crashes.
Further details on the patch can be found here

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member

The official Neverwinter Nights Web site has posted news of a new patch for BioWare's 3D D&D RPG Neverwinter Nights. This patch brings the game to version 1.24, and its currently available through the game's auto-update program. The patch adds a larger font for high resolutions and fixes numerous minor bugs and crashes.

Source: RPGPlanet

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member

Hot on the heels of the 1.25 patch for Neverwinter Nights comes a new patch (NWN 1.10 - 1.26 and NWN 1.25 - 1.26) bringing BioWare's 3D D&D RPG up to version 1.26. This version fixes an AC application bug, a Direct Connect on LAN crash bug, a GameSpy chat crash, and made various other changes. You can manually download the patch from the official Neverwinter Nights Web site, or simply use the NWN autoupdater.

Source: RPGPlanet

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member

Neverwinter Nights Patch - Prophet
BioWare has released a new patch for Neverwinter Nights today, bringing its popular RPG up to version 1.27. The patch is available via the game's auto update feature or from FilePlanet. The update adds rats and dire rats to the game (along with a demo showing them off), fixes to the official campaign, spell and ability fixes, and changes to the Aurora toolset. Grab all the updates below:

NWN Windows v1.10 - 1.27 - FilePlanet.
NWN Win v1.26 - 1.27 - FilePlanet.

T

train

I'm only going to say this once...

That's a heck of a lot of patches to send out not too long after the initial release...

Fizzle!!!...

D

Darkstar

but since i just got my new pc... and I hadnt played any baldurs gate in a while... think ill run through that set of games, then to the icewind dales, then pick up neverwinter... doh its gonna be a long hard road ahead (especially since I have to buy everything post baldurs gate & tales)

Doh

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
S

Svenmonkey

They release such huge patches so often that I can't keep up, considering my 56K. :(

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, unfortunately you probably gotta pay for Fileplanet to send the disc, get a friend with a fast connection to burn it, or hope that a magazine like Computer Gaming World includes it on one of their CDs...

S

Svenmonkey

Nah, I'm patient. In fact, I tend to download things over 100 MB off of Kazaa every couple of nights. I just don't like sitting around waiting for their autopatcher to work.

B

BigBlue

I DL 'em at 28.8... They aren't that big.

The one's on the site are comprehensive, they give you all the patches for everything as if you had none of the previous ones. I was on 1.27 and it was only a couple meg, took maybe 3 or four minutes, but I always use their patch utility instead of getting the full patch it get's everything I don't already have.

Don't believe everything you read online... :)

S

Svenmonkey

The last one I downloaded was at least 10 MB and it took me over an hour. I've only downloaded 3 total, though, so that's probably why it was so large. I don't think I've gotten the last few. I use the autopatcher, by the way.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So maybe just get them one at a time and they'll be smaller in size? Is that how I'm interpreting BigBlue's post? Kinda like Microsoft's Critical Updates thing; if you don't have the most recent one when the next one comes out, you'll have to download more to catch up.