Anyone else pick up Neverwinter Nights?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by BigBlue, Jun 24, 2002.

1. BigBlue Magic Jones

I've got to say, WOW! You can see they spent time developing this one, 5 years worth of time well spent.

I pulled up the module creator, to see what it looks like, and it is cool.

I love the zoom in and out feature. I have a few issues with the game, but who doesn't with any game, and I've yet to determine if they are correctable with settings.

Anyways, well worth the price of admission.
  2. arhar Member

AWESOME, awesome game!!!!!!!!
    WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

I also LOVE a Zoom-in Zoom-out feature... That's what been missing all this time from Baldur's Gate series :) There goes my social life :(
  3. BigBlue Magic Jones

The Zooming is Definately cool. even though it's a little unrealistic, you see further than you should, but it is very cool nonetheless.
  4. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

From today's Gamespy newsletter:

5. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

6. Svenmonkey Pants Chancellor

Just picked it up 2 days ago. I have to say, it's fun, but it plays and looks like a console game.
  7. BigBlue Magic Jones

Do you think you'll exploit the Toolkit? I mean use it to build your own modules.

The Single Player is ok, like sven says, "it plays like a console game," but the true magic of the game is the ability to create your own adventures for others to try. There are some good modules you can DL, the penultima series is pretty good (though meant for multiplaying).
  8. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

From yesterday's Gamespy newsletter:

9. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

10. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

11. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

12. train The Wildcard!!!...

I'm only going to say this once...

That's a heck of a lot of patches to send out not too long after the initial release...

Fizzle!!!...
  13. Darkstar An Entire Marching Band

but since i just got my new pc... and I hadnt played any baldurs gate in a while... think ill run through that set of games, then to the icewind dales, then pick up neverwinter... doh its gonna be a long hard road ahead (especially since I have to buy everything post baldurs gate & tales)

Doh
  14. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

From Wednesday's Gamespy newsletter:

15. Svenmonkey Pants Chancellor

They release such huge patches so often that I can't keep up, considering my 56K. :(
  16. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Yeah, unfortunately you probably gotta pay for Fileplanet to send the disc, get a friend with a fast connection to burn it, or hope that a magazine like Computer Gaming World includes it on one of their CDs...
  17. Svenmonkey Pants Chancellor

Nah, I'm patient. In fact, I tend to download things over 100 MB off of Kazaa every couple of nights. I just don't like sitting around waiting for their autopatcher to work.
  18. BigBlue Magic Jones

I DL 'em at 28.8... They aren't that big.

The one's on the site are comprehensive, they give you all the patches for everything as if you had none of the previous ones. I was on 1.27 and it was only a couple meg, took maybe 3 or four minutes, but I always use their patch utility instead of getting the full patch it get's everything I don't already have.

Don't believe everything you read online... :)
  19. Svenmonkey Pants Chancellor

The last one I downloaded was at least 10 MB and it took me over an hour. I've only downloaded 3 total, though, so that's probably why it was so large. I don't think I've gotten the last few. I use the autopatcher, by the way.
  20. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

So maybe just get them one at a time and they'll be smaller in size? Is that how I'm interpreting BigBlue's post? Kinda like Microsoft's Critical Updates thing; if you don't have the most recent one when the next one comes out, you'll have to download more to catch up.