Another question

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by Mikeymike, Nov 10, 2001.

1. Mikeymike Captain Hiatus

This actually happened the other night and we didn't know how to play it out.

I played a Time Stretch on me and Miraried it onto my teammate (2 Headed Giant). My opponent Deflected my teammate's Stretch onto himself.

Question is, how do the extra turns happen and who goes first?

We left it up to the dice and alternated turns.
  2. Chaos Turtle Demiurgic CPA Member, Admin Assistant

There are no official multiplayer rules, but I would say that whoever's Time Stretch resolved first would take their turns, then the one whose resolved second would take theirs. Then turns would resume with whoever would have gone next (had Time Stretch not been played).

In your case, the opponent who played the Deflection would take two turns, then you would take two turns, then your partner would take his regular turn (assuming his turn was next).
  3. Zadok001 CPA Founder, Greater Good

Umm... Well, first, let's rephrase the question so it makes a bit more sense in our wonderful world of dueling, since I disagree with CT on this one.

Player A plays Time Stretch. Mirari triggers. Mirari resolves, and player A pays 3 mana, choosing himself as the target for Time Stretch #2. Player B Deflections Time Stretch 2 to himself. Deflection resolves. Both Time Stretches resolve. Turn ends.

Agree that this is an accurate representation of what happened, but moved to the realm of 1v1 games, where we have official rules?

Ok, so here's my idea. Time Stretch #2 is going to resolve first, leaving this little effect that says Player B is taking two more turns after this one. Then Time Stretch #1 resolves. Another little effect is added saying player A is taking two extra turns.

Now, I'm not 100% on this, but wouldn't Time Stretch #1 take precedence, since it resolved second? Actually, now that I think about it, I do believe I am pulling that directly from my rear end. :) But for some strange reason, I feel like I've read that somewhere before... Something about Time Walk, respond with Final Fortune. CT?
  4. Mikeymike Captain Hiatus

Thanks guys.

I was under the 'First In - Last Out' impression like Zadok was. However, I can make arguments either way.
  5. gbs3769 New Member

Agreed!

I think this is correct. Time Stretch #2 would resolve first. This player would receive two turns after this one. Then... the Time Stretch #1 resolves, and guess whos turns come first?

- Matt
  6. Darth Dunk New Member

P.2.3 - A spell or ability may grant a player an additional turn after the current one. If multiple additional turns are granted during one turn, take these additional turns in the order granted. [CompRules 1999/11/01]

So in the case of extra turns, take them as resolved, not last-first as in the stack.
  7. Zadok001 CPA Founder, Greater Good

Alrighty. Danke!