another Balder's Gate What If

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
As you can tell, I don't nor want to read the strategy guide...

I'm doing the Mines of Nashkel now and am wondering, is there any way to save Miner Beldin on the second level? The moment you enter it he comes to you and it seems two out of the 4 kobolds target him and kill him before you can engage. I only re-ran it twice and then gave up and went on but there's always that "well, maybe if I saved him he could have given me something".

Just answer concerning this, no other spoilers please.

R

Rando

Beats me. I cheated my way through that game from start to finish, and enjoyed every minute of it. I'm not ashamed.

A

arhar

Try this:

Enter the area with him and kobolds with Imoen (or other thief) Hidden in Shadows, by herself, so the guy won't see you (and talk to you), and engage the kobolds by herself.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure that will work off-hand, because I think you need your whole party to enter each area of the mine.

I'll check though...

C

Copious Wrath

Try targetting two of the kobolds with arrows or other missile weapons, and then pray that the other two blow their morale check.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It was no use because at least one of them (maybe two) always target the miner with arrows so by the time I get off my shots/spells so do they.

I think he's just there for a warning :)