Announcement to the world!

B

Baron Sengir

Hey guys, how's this sound:

To the entire Magic-playing world:

Hello once again. I don't know if you remember me but this summer I was all over the magic websites with an announcement about a brand new organization consisting of casual players concerned about the way WotC has been treating us, the segment that buys the most cards. The Casual Players Alliance was founded on the Dojo's forums by nine guys with a tremendous desire to do something to get WotC's attention but it has grown into so much more.

After a lot of preparation (and getting screwed over by a major magic website who shall remain nameless) our mana is shuffled, the cards are stacked and we're ready to go.

Announcing, in partnership with The Magic Obsession, the launch of the Official Casual Players Alliance website!

Here you'll find contests, articles, casual deck ideas, a bulletin board and all kinds of other stuff run by people just like you. Casual Players. No decks with four Masticores or incredibly broken turn-one-kill combo decks. Just a lot of fun. The way Magic should be. The way Magic can be.

If WotC should do something that upsets a significant portion of our members then we can also speak with a very loud voice, telling them that we are not happy. There is strength in numbers. And if you make enough noise, eventually WotC will take notice.

How do you join up, you ask? Well, just go to www.casualplayers.org and register for the bulletin board. No charge, no fees, no nothing. We want your input and welcome you to a place where casual players, while they may not always agree with each other, can at least have their say.

Thank you for your time.

I remain
Anthony Scott
Founding Member, Casual Players Alliance

If this sounds cool, I'll launch the sucker asap. If you can think of anything I missed or (such as what we can offer) LMK. I'd appreciate it.

I remain
The Baron
Hmmm ... Gotta work on my weekly article now ...

D

Dune Echo

One thing... HEY MIKE! Are you going to have time to upload all of this stuff anytime soon? What stuff you ask? Why all the articles everyone's been procrastinating on!
No, seriously, I'd lose the mention of contests in the article just at first because we don't have much to contribute and it we don't want to seem like a Dojo wannabe. When we do finally get going all the way, I suggest that we reward the best CASUAL articles. Articles that focus on multiplayer play and do like the Anthony Alongi and try to break cards like Jangling Automaton. That's the stuff we need to focus on. Anything that the pros don't do and stuff that's fun but gets neglected. When we start getting a lot of articles in the right direction, we should reward those.

And we really need to get some one to help Mike. I know you're busy with a real life and all, guy. I don't know jack unfortunately. God only gave me a give to make decks with cards like Trade Caravans (check out my article!) and scream at walls when no one is looking.

------------------
Dune Echo

... running out of breath...

[Edited by Dune Echo (11-16-1999 at 10:28 AM).]

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Real life? What real life? Don't think Asheron's Call counts. (jealous yet, Dune?)
But seriously, that's a great letter. But I agree with Dune to drop the contests part. We don't really know how that's going to pan out now that.. well, you know the rest.

Oh, and I think it'd be nice if you placed a link to The Magic Obsession in parentheses next to their name.
http://www.magic-singles.com

Oh, and that reminds me. We (Chuck and I) are having some trouble with getting CGI scripts to work on his server. So he asked customer service about giving me a cgi-bin, and they basically said it can't be done. So he's thinking of possibly changing hosts. That wouldn't affect us too much. As I can always mirror the site here temporarily.

-mike

D

Dune Echo

Of course I'm jealous. You suck.

-------------
Dune Echo

Z

Zadok001

Uh... Minor little thing, but, well, saying "the cards are stacked" has a rather poor connotation. Maybe you could just change the phrasing on that a bit? It just looks kinda funky.

Aside from that, it looks great! Let's finally get this thing off the ground!

"Now all we need is a lackey at WotC..."

[Edited by Zadok001 (11-16-1999 at 07:21 PM).]

--Zadok001, aka Greater Good fanatic
CPA Member
"We have more sprouts than they have hands."

B

Baron Sengir

Okay, let's see how the second draft sounds. Here goes:

To the entire Magic-playing world:

Hello once again. I don't know if you remember me but this summer I was all over the magic websites with an announcement about a brand new organization consisting of casual players concerned about the way WotC has been treating us, the segment that buys the most cards. The Casual Players Alliance was founded on the Dojo's forums by nine guys with a tremendous desire to do something to get WotC's attention but it has grown into so much more.

After a lot of preparation (and getting screwed over by a major magic website who shall remain nameless) our cards are shuffled and we're ready to go.

Announcing, in partnership with The Magic Obsession (www.magic-singles.com), the launch of the Official Casual Players Alliance website!

Here you'll find articles, casual deck ideas, a bulletin board and all kinds of other stuff run by people just like you. Casual Players. No decks with four Masticores or incredibly broken turn-one-kill combo decks. Just a lot of fun. The way Magic should be. The way Magic can be.

If WotC should do something that upsets a significant portion of our members then we can also speak with a very loud voice, telling them that we are not happy. There is strength in numbers. And if you make enough noise, eventually WotC will take notice.

How do you join up, you ask? Well, just go to www.casualplayers.org and register for the bulletin board. No charge, no fees, no nothing. We want your input and welcome you to a place where casual players, while they may not always agree with each other, can at least have their say.

Thank you for your time.

I remain
Anthony Scott
Founding Member, Casual Players Alliance

If this sounds cool, it will be fired off today. LMK asap, k?

I remain
The Baron
fond of abbreviations

[Edited by Baron Sengir (11-17-1999 at 06:18 AM).]

Ferret

Staff member
I like it. I'd like to mention New Wave some time - but that might be wrong...maybe when we're famous and TMOb is making more money than them...and they will make more money than New Wave if we have anything to say about it...

-ferret

"vive la revollution!"