Anna Nicole Smith

Killer Joe

Dead at 39. I always made references to her when talking about the *size* of something. Dead, dead, dead. That's just weird. :confused:

L

Limited

I read rumors guessing drug overdose.. any new (and reliable) info?

Ferret

Staff member
Nothing new and/or reliable. The only thing that we're sure of is she is dead. I never understood what the big deal was with her. She was a talent-less stripper that was in the right place at the right time. The only thing she had going for her was a dead, rich husband and a body that many men noticed. She was a bit on the shallow end of the gene pool, yet everyone considered her to be more noticable than the other bimbos in the world.

She's dead. Get over it.

-Ferret

"Maybe they could do a new reality show about here - it might be better than her last one..."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Ferret said:
Nothing new and/or reliable. The only thing that we're sure of is she is dead. I never understood what the big deal was with her. She was a talent-less stripper that was in the right place at the right time. The only thing she had going for her was a dead, rich husband and a body that many men noticed. She was a bit on the shallow end of the gene pool, yet everyone considered her to be more noticable than the other bimbos in the world.
Yeah. Where's the thread for Alan G. MacDiarmid?

Killer Joe

It's not surprising that some folks are like "whatever" about her death but its the celebratiness about her that was attractive to us commoners. How about a former President died recently and he got a day of coverage maybe two? Why? He didn't have a high fame meter. Is it wrong that Anna is getting more press coverage than he did? YES. Is that going to change anything? No. Can any of us plead for common folks not to empower such "talentless" fools? Yes. Will THAT change anything, No.

Steve Irwin wasn't even an American but got more press coverage than Ford. Did Irwin have a high fame meter? YES. Did do things to make the world different like Ford did? No. He messed with animals who shouldn't have been messed with and he put his child next to a croc! But he was famous and we all grieved, why. Because he WAS famous, that's why.

Now no one wants to be "pigeoned-holed" so these comments don't apply to anyone who doesn't want them to be applied to them. *whew, I hope that covered it* :cool:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Killer Joe said:
Steve Irwin wasn't even an American but got more press coverage than Ford. Did Irwin have a high fame meter? YES. Did do things to make the world different like Ford did? No. He messed with animals who shouldn't have been messed with and he put his child next to a croc! But he was famous and we all grieved, why. Because he WAS famous, that's why.
A. With how quickly information travels now, does it really matter whether he was American? I think it's what you do, not where you're from that counts or at least that should count.

B. Steve Irwin did save animals that would have otherwise been killed, which was inspirational to a lot of people, especially since he was risking his own life so many times to do so. He also educated people about zoology. Yeah, he was a bit rash with the incident involving his son, but no one actually got hurt and it was kind of blown out of proportion. Also, he died in a very brutal and highly unusual manner, which gets people's attention moreso than dying in a hospital.

C. Ford didn't do much as president anyway. And then there's the whole East Timor thing. Even if maybe they should, people don't want to remember it. Also, he died the day after James Brown died, and THE GODFATHER OF SOUL matters more than some dude who accidently became president.

D. Anna Nicole Smith's contributions to anything at all totally pale in comparison to any of those guys. She's basically famous for being a gold-digger.

Ferret

Staff member
Oversoul said:
C. Ford didn't do much as president anyway. And then there's the whole East Timor thing. Even if maybe they should, people don't want to remember it. Also, he died the day after James Brown died, and THE GODFATHER OF SOUL matters more than some dude who accidently became president.
You know, this reminds me of a few years ago when Sammy Davis Jr died on the same day as Jim Henson. Everyone knew that Sammy was dying, so no one really paid it much mind. There was even a farewell show for him while he was still alive. But, when Jim Henson died everyone was shocked. If the internet had been as big back then as it is now, they would still be talking about it weeks after it happened...

-Ferret

"...fortunately for us, it was appear that the media has already forgotten about Smith's death..."

Killer Joe

Oversoul said:
A. With how quickly information travels now, does it really matter whether he was American? I think it's what you do, not where you're from that counts or at least that should count.

B. Steve Irwin did save animals that would have otherwise been killed, which was inspirational to a lot of people, especially since he was risking his own life so many times to do so. He also educated people about zoology. Yeah, he was a bit rash with the incident involving his son, but no one actually got hurt and it was kind of blown out of proportion. Also, he died in a very brutal and highly unusual manner, which gets people's attention moreso than dying in a hospital.

D. Anna Nicole Smith's contributions to anything at all totally pale in comparison to any of those guys. She's basically famous for being a gold-digger.
You missed the point: I was talking about FAME, not good deeds.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I quoted the portion I thought what I was saying was relevant to. And I wasn't talking about good deeds either. I was talking about deeds in general. Idi Amin was famous because of the things he did, but the things he did were (by most people's standards, at least) not good. Gerald Ford had an impact as well, simply by virtue of being president of the United States for a few years. Even Steve Irwin actually had a considerable impact. Anna Nicole Smith's actual impact on anything has been negligible.

I do think a lot of it was people being surprised because she died suddenly. With Irwin at least everyone was expecting it to happen some day, although they probably thought it would be a crocodile or venomous snake, not a stingray...