All CPA members are equal?

A

arhar

WARNING: This may offend some people. If it offends you, don't read it.

During my stay in CPA (for almost a year now), I've always observed a problem, but could never put my finger on it... I just knew something was wrong, but I didn't figure it out... until now.

Some people have this really disturbing attitude. For some reason or another, they think they are above other CPA members, some sort of "CPA elite". This goes for:

- people who have 1000+ posts from spam and post "I think all members who haven't posted anything should get their accounts deleted, because they aren't really doing anything." People, GROW UP! Not everyone spends all their free time browsing the net and participating in mindless battles.

- ... but not better than them are the people that never participated in "battles" or visited the off-topic area, and feel that they are somehow better than the people who use CPA for socializing. Just because someone is having fun with the CPA, and likes to get all goofy from time to time doesn't mean that person should get less respect than everybody else.

Anyway, I don't mean any specific persons, rather this is just some random observations of mine. In my opinion, everyone has a different version of what CPA should be, and while we may not agree, we should definetely give everyone else respect.

A

Almindhra

Although I do not fit into either categories, I do believe I was born a 'CPA Elitist"...;)...

And why don't you start naming people?...That'll be fun...And then the people you're trying to grab the attentions of will maybe see what they're doing...

D

DÛke

I have not, nor will I participate in the Off-Topic area much any longer. As for the Battle Arena, I rarely participate, and when I do, from now on, I'll make sure it has a Magic-al element in whatever I'm doing.

I used to be happy and/or wacky all the time, but I discovered I was getting less, and less respect from certain, CPA members. That’s when I realized that not everyone should be happy, and not everyone is cheerful. “Maybe I should tone myself down,” I thought. Beside, I used to spam, so I see where the problem stood.

I agree with you. We already talked this somewhere else, but it is true. I'm not paranoid; I'm just stating some true facts that should be unmasked rather than being hidden from the naked eye.

This is a very difficult subject, very sensitive actually. Many people don't agree with you, Arhar, and those people themselves are the people you and I are talking about.

“Anyone can change upon will…Real change, however, takes a slow, rhythmic time. It’s like metamorphoses versus evolution.”

H

Hawaiian mage

Bow down before me, mindless fools! I am your god!

Okay, now that that's over with...

Guilty.

I don't REALLY thin I'm better then any one here. In fact, I'm afriad to add Zadok to my ICQ. That's pretty bad since he never does anything bad any way.

But as many of you have noticed, I have been trying to turn new members against their will join my unstopable army of super beasts. I'm sure that this can come across as mediocre intellegence, even idiotic, but duanting feble minded new comers is just a hobby of mine.

Any way, I don't have a problem with it. Unless their all talking civle like and stuff to look respectable when speaking their opinion when they really have no idea what their doing. I hate that. :)

F

FoundationOfRancor

I have more than 1000 posts, and I dont think I have spammed all that much. (The whole shadymilkman thing took up, 30 posts say)

And while I think socializing is all good; id rather they did it in the chat room.

Lol, duke made a joke...

A

Apollo

I don't fit into either of those categories. I have a lot of posts, but I don't think I'm better than anyone (except maybe my brother). Heck, I'll freely admit that just about everyone makes more intelligent, better-informed, and generally less stupid posts than I do.

But you know, I can't think of anyone who fits into that particular category. Who has 1000 posts?
-Spidey
-Duel
-Me
-Orgg (?)
-DUke
-FoR
-Multani

None of them consider themselves better than anyone else, imho. Who exactly were you referring to, Arhar (I hope not me).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I have to agree with Apollo in that I'm not sure who you're referring to, arhar, for those categories.

A

arhar

Ok.... When I said "people who have 1000+ posts" I didn't mean it literally. I just meant people who post here a lot and most of their posts are in Off-Topic and Battle Arena. And no, I didn't mean anyone in particular :)

N

nodnarb24

Hey apollo you forgot me.

I AM SUPERIOR TO ALL OF YOU!!! ALL SHALL BOW DOWN BEFORE ME!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! J/K :)

A

Apollo

I completely forgot you, Nodnarb. I'm very sorry.
[me]bows down and humbly begs the forgiveness of the almighty Nodnarb.[/me]

C

Cateran Emperor

Woohoo! I can't be arrogant since out of all my nonsense ramblings I still don't have 1000 posts!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Lord arhar: There was a discussion regarding your first category in Suggestions but I believe we beat it into them that dropping accounts is a bad idea so I thought that issue was dormant... but I gotcha now.

D

DÛke

Ok.... When I said "people who have 1000+ posts" I didn't mean it literally. I just meant people who post here a lot and most of their posts are in Off-Topic and Battle Arena. And no, I didn't mean anyone in particular.
I still don't understand. Do you have any particular person in mind?

D

Darsh

I've never noticed anything like that, who are you talking about?

C

Chaos Turtle

He means me.

Due to my status as a CPA Legend, "Most Intelligent" by popular vote, and puker-upper of Universes (though I accept no blame for this one) I am by default, far and away, the most superior of all members on this board.

Now, if only I could get up to 1000 posts...

Anyway, as pnishment for your slight, I will no longer put your name in bold type.

arhar

See? How do you like that?
You now have my permission to beg forgiveness.

A

arhar

Originally posted by Chaos Turtle
He means me.

Due to my status as a CPA Legend, "Most Intelligent" by popular vote, and puker-upper of Universes (though I accept no blame for this one) I am by default, far and away, the most superior of all members on this board.

Now, if only I could get up to 1000 posts...

Anyway, as pnishment for your slight, I will no longer put your name in bold type.

arhar

See? How do you like that?
You now have my permission to beg forgiveness.

Arrgh! My plans have been revealed to all. Of course, as CT guessed, by an "elitist snob" I meant him and only him. I humbly beg your forgivness, because my plans to alienate all the CPA to you and cause your exile have failed! :( There's one point you're wrong in, however. It's I who is the most superior of all the CPA members (not because I'm more intelligent or anything, but I'm just a better person). So everyone, if you have something to say to me, you should start it with "Lord" or "Sir", or "Masta". Except Spidey, because I know he means that anyway :D

N

nodnarb24

HAHAHA!!! Look at you pitiful pawns!!! I rule over all!!! You are all just puppets in my little game!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :D