Adios

T

The Magic Jackal

(no tag guard, please be gentle w/ me)

I have found that I no longer have the time nor the desire to continue visiting the cpa. As the great Daenen once said
this doesn't feel like home
and he was ever so true. I joined this site to be a temporiary replacement for the dojo, but their is little dicussion in the deck section (which is what I'm really trying to get) that i feel is benificial to me. I will no longer post on this site, and will probably not visit it very often.

So, this is The Magic Jackal signing off......

[me]cast spontaneous conbustion on himself[/me]

goodbye......

[Edited by The Magic Jackal on May 11th, 2000 at 10:31 PM]

Killer Joe

MJ, why make the announcement when simply not posting anymore would do the trick? I agree that the postings have gotten a little lean but to simply abandon the site for the reason that OTHERS aren't posting useable info., then that's when it's your turn to pay back for all the info. you did get from the site. In other words, now that you feel you can't get anymore more info. you want to leave.
Sorry, my murderous killing spree friend, relationships are all about give and take. How about investing a little more quality posts about the game we all love Magic: The Gathering and a little less of ordinary message board pranks.
I am at fault too,I have not been posting a whole lot of quality MTG related posts, I'll start sharpening the old knowledge tool and begin to post more info. I'd like to share (like that Disk thing).
If I missed the point of your post (for example: this is an inside joke) then I'm sorry. If this post is legit, then please take this advice: Take a vaction from this site. Come back in a week, a month, after Prophecy is released, whenever, don't burn your bridges with this site because you may want to come back and can't because you made this dramatic exit from the site and you don't want to eat your words.
Personally, I don't want you to leave. I don't want anyone to leave. Someday Ferret will return. It may not feel like home anymore but it never was home. It's just a place where you can and should share idea's about this cool game. It's a place where everyone knows your name.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Tag Guard

Boy, I hope I'm not catching TomB's paranoia :) in thinking I might have had a part in your decision also...

But in any case, I agree with Yellowjacket.

Addressing your specific complaint, are you saying you're not getting any help with decks you post in the Deck forum or no one in general is posting in the Deck forum? If it's the former I can't really say anything but if it's the latter I see people posting stuff, just not tons. Maybe it'll pick up when Prophecy comes out.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
You must have me confused with someone else, Spiderman. :rolleyes:

Anybody else detect a little Kevin Chen-ism here? Yellowjacket's right. Burning your bridges this way is such a permanent kind of thing, and it leaves no room for a graceful re-entrance.

Actually, I'm kind of surprised MJ is leaving. He seemed to be having such a good time here, first with the arrow thing, then with the tag game. The Deck Forum has never seen this much action, though, come to think of it, I don't really remember MJ posting much there. If he came here looking for free tech and didn't find it, I'm not real surprised, since this IS the CPA, but you'd think he would have expected that. Oh well.

It's too bad he's gone, but then, many others have also graced these pages with their wisdom, then drifted off, into the mist. I wish him well.

Z

Zadok001

:) Good luck wherever you end up, Jackal! I have to admit, I didn't think much of you when we first met up on these boards... That ended in a flamewar-esque thing on the Dojo. But you're a pretty damn cool person, stay that way.

"The best of luck to you, may no dogs piss on your foot."

M

Multani

Tag Guard

The Great Multani, Maro Sorcerer wishes Jackal good luck.
Jackal, you were a hell of a psyco and a great trading partner. Best of Luck and take care of youself, Ok.
"With loss of Jackal, brings a loss of excitement to the message board. Jackal take away with him, a large chunk of the CPA's hunor and sarcasm. He shall never be replaced.
Amen."

D

Duel

You've gotta feel a dman fool. First you start a killing spree, then a tag game, then you tel US we're too off topic!?! To quote Wakefield "WTF?!?"
Nonetheless, the best of luck to you. May your dice always roll natural 20's.

A

Almindhra

So he made a big deal about how this place just wasn't for him...

And where is he now???

heh heh

D

Duel

My god, Almi, you're jhust going through bringing up old posts, aren't you?

D

DÛke

How come you didn't leave than?
This post is old, but you're still here, and more active than ever!

I think you're a cool person, MJ, you are the second person I got to know on these boards. You seem to have a good sense of humor, and we need that in all boards...

Besides, you're the master assassin, and like you said, you are not going to leave these boards without stabbing me in the back :)

Don't leave, I just joined :)

D

Duel

This is a real old post, DUke, like from March. He ain't goin' nowhere.

A

Almindhra

I was bored and decided to go through some old posts...My comp keeps disconnecting, about every 5 mins on average, no joke!...Its funny how all the topic names come back to you...

And yes, you can call me Almi...I just don't understand if I'm already in a post, and you're replying or whatnot, why can't you just spell it right?...Or you can give me a nickname...Its just I was scarred when I was in middle school of people not spelling/saying my name correctly...*shudders*...

D

Duel

Sorry, I keep trying to spell your name Almindy. THAT'S why I used a nickname. Good reason, neh?