Addendum to the Contest Winners Announcement

D

Dune Echo

Just wanted to make a general clarification in case anyone was wondering:

Even though Almindhra's deck could have been disqualified for being rare heavy, I wanted to point out one thing, the key cards she used (Chronatog, Glacial Chasm, and Forsaken Wastes) can be obtained fairly easily and most of the rares could be easily replaced (the most of deck is search and control elements).

Basically, I felt her idea was the one of the best in originality and the KEY cards were truly casual in combination. Most of the rest of the deck can be replaced and substituted for less pricey (but less efficient cards):

Force of Will - Foil or Misdirection depending on your budget

Misdirection - Rebound

Meditate - Opportunity or Prosperity (who'll counter a Prosperity in multiplayer?)

Vampiric Tutor - depends on what cards you want to Tutor for most. Divining Witch is widely available at this time IMO.

Doomsday - This one is a little hard to replace, but there are viable options out there and this isn't really heavy on the price side. I think there is a card called Paradigm Shift that could replace this. (Don't quote me, I could be wrong on the card name!)

All the nonbasic lands can be replaced for basic lands easily.

Basically, I can see a lot of people scratching their heads wondering, "Why was mine rare-heavy in comparison? I had way less rares!"

I also just want to reiterate, this was EXTREMELY HARD to judge because there were so many GREAT entries. I would like to host a new contest some time in the future so if anyone has any prizes they'd like to add to the pot, we could expand the list of winners. Thanks everyone!

So far, Almindhra has chosen About Face as her foil.

I

Istanbul

Is there anywhere we can see the entries (all of them)? I'd sure love to see what other people made up.
What are the choices for foil cards, and how many of the places get them?

D

Dune Echo

Everything you want to know is out in the Decks section under Casual Articles.

D

Dune Echo

Cards chosen so far:

Almindhra - About Face
Eric Chima - Parch

What are the other two winners' choices?

P.S. Can everyone please send (or resend) me your addresses? I've lost a lot of email recently.

I

Istanbul

I asked several times about how many places were getting prizes...

...does 3rd place get a prize? If so, which cards are left to choose from?

A

Almindhra

Did you read his first article talking about the contest?...Its on there...Under articles...

S***...I meant to put down Parch for my card!...poo...