Accelerated Burn

D

Daenen

Burn?!? Who the hell plays Burn?!?
I do. I love burn. I love the seeing the look on another player's face when you Fireball them for 7 on turn 4 (One Urza's Tower, one Urza's Mine, one Urza's Power Plant, one Mountain. This almost never happened, but it was cool when it did).

I loved playing a deck where the only creature was Goblin Chirurgeon (Who here remembers Goblin Grenade?). The only reason he was in there and not Mon's Goblin Raiders was because it took two Tims to kill a Goblin Chirurgeon.

The only problem with Burn is that sometimes it doesn't go the distance. Usually you don't have enough big threats in your opening hand to finish off your opponent and all the creatures he will be casting.

This is why I have decided to splash Blue for its' card drawing ability.

Mind you, I have never seen a deck like this before, so I had no model to base this deck off of. Please help, and offer any advice you see fit.

Accel Burn

Lands (22)
16 Mountain
6 Island

1cc (12)
4 Shock
4 Seal
4 Brainstorm

2cc (10)
4 Flame Rift
4 Accumulated Knowledge
2 Breath of Darigaaz

3cc (11)
4 Hammer of Bogarden
4 Urza's Rage
3 Rhystic Lightning

4cc (3)
3 Fact or Fiction

Xcc (2)
2 Earthquake

Tell me what you think, all comments welcome and appreciated.

Daenen

T

terzarima

Augh no blaze?!?!?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!???? jeez... I'm starting to doubt the sanity of some of these members (well other than the already crazy ones... Blaze is a good card, almost better than urza's rage, except for the non-counterable part.

I would add more, but I seem to have lost my newest magazine and will best let someone else do more serious criticing until I get my magzine back... jeez, where is it?

R

Ristik

First of all: Opt. This card, IMHO, is unbelievably superior to Brainstorm. Second, you Are Playing Blue. This means that you are missing what could easily be an integral part of the deck: countermagic. The countermagic will help you against the one card that Will Destroy You: Ivory Mask. Finally, a creature or two may be a good idea; I recommend Spiketails of some sort. All in all, good work for a first draft of a deck!

P

Purple_jester

This should be called Draw-Burn. Regardless of the name, there are some things you shouldn't forget.

There's Blaze, and there's also Ghitu Fire. Just 1? Maybe 2?

Also, you can alter your mana balance just a little more, snce only Hammer requires more than 1 red mana. I would think that 8 Islands and 14 Mountains wouldn't be too bad.

And do agree that Opt is a good choice, since it can dig 1 card deeper than Brainstorm. If you're insecure about how good Opt is, maybe 2 each of it and Brainstorm would also be very acceptable. ;)

D

Daenen

I am going to playtest Opt.

As for Blaze/Ghitu Fire, they are both great cards, but what should I take out?

L

Landkiller

I would take out Hammer.

The additional card drawing should give you better things to do than spend five mana to recurse Hammer.

Although, occasionally, it's nice to do, you certainly only need one hammer.

So, play only 1-2 Hammers, and add the Ghitu Fires.

A variation of this would be adding a single Yawgmoth's Agenda and using more flexible mana.

The Agenda does work well with so many instants, and Fact or Fiction.

Oh, GO BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

one card that can crush you ivory mask, granted but what about harsh judgment, ouch, definently some countermagic