About Words of War/Browbeat

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by WickedBoy6, Dec 16, 2002.

1. WickedBoy6 Captain of the Atog Army

I think I'm wrong here, but playing a game of Apprentice, I was close to victory, as my opponent only had 5 life when I tapped one mana to activate Words of War, then played Browbeat. I thought I had him in a no-win situation, but he said that I only used Words of War once, therefore I could only deal 2 damage with one null draw, not 6 with the three.

I've pulled off the same trick several times and no one else seemed to complain. Was my opponent correct in saying i need to activate WoW three times for the Browbeat box-in to work, or is one activation all you need?
  2. Ransac CPA Trash Man

Your opponent was right. The Words of War only counts when you draw your next card, not cards. If you had activated three times, then you would have had merry funny.

God lord, though. If it worked the wat you had intended, then Imagine the possibilties! Breakthrough: 8 damage, for 1U. Arcanis the Omnipotent: 6 damage for 1. Just think of it in perspective. If it sounds really great, you might have your rulings wrong.

Ransac, cpa trash man
  3. train The Wildcard!!!...

I'm all up for 6 damage from 1 mana...

Whoa!!! this just hit me!!!...

Phyrexian dreadnought, Shapshooter.... bye 12 goblins, 12 damage... then you can Fling!!!

I'm off to compose a deck idea!!!...
  4. WickedBoy6 Captain of the Atog Army

I had a feeling... *chomp* ...Oh well...I guess I'll have to wait a few more turns if I want the Browbeat box-in.

*Chomps on more Doritos as he writes down Train's deck idea*

Credit going to Train...A tremendous idea...Insane damage...Add Browbeats...I have tenure!...What the hell?