A victory for traders everywhere!

A

Apollo

OK, the title is a little melodramatic, but this was neat enough I wanted to post it.

I made a trade with a guy over the internet a little while back. He had several references, and I sorta knew a friend of his, so I trusted him enough to simul-send. Needless to say, he ripped me off.

Several weeks later, with my emails being ignored, I got rather desperate. I had gotten the impression that he was no older than a teenager. So on a whim, I sent a letter to his house adressed "To the parents of Carl Jurrus." I told them what had happened, and included a copy of our conversation.

Guess what? Today, an envelope showed up adressed to me with the cards inside. There was no note or other message. I can only assume that his parents got it, and made his life rather miserable.

Hehe. I'm happy.:)

H

Hetemti

What's his handle? I vote he be added to the list of bad traders, so noöne else will have to waste a stamp sending a "To the Parents of" letter.

And congrats on getting your cards. :)

Z

Zadok001

*CLAP CLAP CLAP!*

Well done, Apollo! :) Congradulations! Was this guy a poster here at the CPA? 'Cause if so, please ICQ or PM me with his name/whatever elses so I can add him to the sticky. Everyone else, reminder: If you were involved in a bad trade, TELL ME. I probably can't help you directly, but I can do my best to make life miserable for the guy who did it by putting his name on the list and helping keep others from trading with him/her/it. That sticky is there for a reason, but it does no good if the Admins don't get reports.

Danke!

H

Hetemti

Perhaps you could change the format so that each bad trader would be listed in a reply? That way, you could list each bad trader's offence sepratly so it's easier to read, and people would know to check it for an update because the New Post flag would be set, and the Reply (really Bad Trader) counter would increment.